For the films of 2012
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: Golden Globes Contest!

Post by Mister Tee »

HarryGoldfarb wrote:
anonymous1980 wrote:The results!

HarryGoldfarb = 0 points :lol:
I think I won! I played a different game... Had I picked a winner, it would have been a fiasco! 8)
I was thinking as I looked at your picks that you seemed to be shooting for the booby prize. Nice work,
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

anonymous1980 wrote:The results!

I think I won! I played a different game... Had I picked a winner, it would have been a fiasco! 8)
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I don't remember this being historically the way it was always done. I only remember us ever doing 2 points for win, 1 point for RU. That's the only way I ever remember playing. So, go ahead and delete my results from your results posts since I was participating in a completely different contest than I thought.

Oh, and just because you put it in the rules doesn't mean that I had time to read them. I posted late in the process because other things were going on. I saw others doing RU and without reading their predictions, I made mine. Again, I played by old rules that apparently you changed for reasons I won't understand.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

OscarGuy wrote:What? I don't remember 3 points being an option in past contests, so I thought I had to list runners-up in everything. Well, fuck that. I wouldn't have had problem putting most of my predix down at 3 points had I known that.
It has always been this way. I even posted the rules! I even spelled the word OPTIONAL on all caps. Scroll down.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

What? I don't remember 3 points being an option in past contests, so I thought I had to list runners-up in everything. Well, fuck that. I wouldn't have had problem putting most of my predix down at 3 points had I known that.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Wow! I never win these things. :shock:

I would like to thank the Golden Globes for selecting Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as hosts. Not only were they hilarious, but they showed how you can make fun of Hollywood without coming off as completely mean. Unfortunately they only make me dread the shit we are going to be subjected to with Seth MacFarlane.

I also want to thank the show for keeping up this trend of having the most unpredictable Oscar season I have ever seen since I started following the Oscars (on the original version of this board) back in 1999. Now hopefully LIFE OF PI wins the PGA, ZERO DARK THIRTY wins the DGA, MOONRISE KINGDOM and SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK win their respective WGA categories, and at SAG LES MISERABLES wins ensemble, while John Hawkes, Marion Cotillard, Javier Bardem, and Maggie Smith all win their respective categories. That will keep us guessing until the moment each envelope is opened at the Academy Award ceremony.

Operation Oscar Chaos seems to be a rousing success!
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

The results!

OscarGuy = 19 points (To be fair, OscarGuy, your biggest misstep is putting runners-up on EVERY prediction. Had you gambled on a 3 points or nothing in a few categories, you could've had a higher score).

criddic3 = 23 points (He is however the ONLY person to get a point in the Best Screenplay category, having Django Unchained as a runner-up)

Sabin, Cinemanolis & Mister Tee = 25 points.

dws1982 = 26 points

Big Magilla, FilmFan720, ITALIANO and The Original BJ = 27 points.

And the winners with 30 points are:

anonymous1980 & rolotomasi99!!!

HOWEVER, I am going to relinquish my win solely to rolotomasi99 because he was able to win without predicting runners-up so I salute your bravery and hereby crown you as sole champion. :D
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I ended up with 19 points. Not great.
Wesley Lovell
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

For what it's worth, Oscarguy, I like how you did it this year and was refreshing my screen relatively constantly.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I got tired of posting individual discussion topics on the forums, so I'm just updating them on my site. I'll create a separate GG thread.
Wesley Lovell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Did Michel Haneke just get a standing ovation?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Tina Fey just did a great Bill Clinton impersonation!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sonic Youth wrote:Where is Oscar Guy to report the winners?

Christoph Waltz won, and he's as awkward as ever.
On his main site.

http://www.cinemasight.com/
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Where is Oscar Guy to report the winners?

Christoph Waltz won, and he's as awkward as ever.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

One award so far and no one here predicted it (even as a runner up). What a year this is shaping up to be
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “85th Predictions and Precursors”