SAG: Best Actor

For the films of 2011
ksrymy
Adjunct

Re: SAG: Best Actor

Post by ksrymy »

Brilliant campaigning on Weinstein's part here. Dujardin made a guest appearance on Saturday Night Live last week on a current throwaway sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm8KyEcv ... re=related
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Sabin wrote:I was really hoping Pitt would shift the momentum. Jean Dujardin is pretty darn good, and as long as George Clooney doesn't win for The Descendants I'm happy.

(Man, if you had told me ten years ago, I'd be saying that...wow! I was a huge stumper for his work in Out of Sight and Three Kings. The Descendants has to rank as one of his worst performances since Batman & Robin.)
My problem with him is he is always playing George Clooney. My favorite Clooney performance is O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU. It was such a parody of his pretty boy persona. I think he should do more comedy. I also like him in OUT OF SIGHT and THREE KINGS, but that was before I knew him as George Clooney the movie star.

Dujardin is great. Prior to seeing THE ARTIST, I thought his winning would be a repeat of Benigni's disgusting win. However, I am perfectly sanguine with Dujardin getting the Oscar. Sure, I want it to go to Oldman (or the non-nominated Fassbender or DiCaprio), but the handsome French man is better than Clooney.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I was really hoping Pitt would shift the momentum. Jean Dujardin is pretty darn good, and as long as George Clooney doesn't win for The Descendants I'm happy.

(Man, if you had told me ten years ago, I'd be saying that...wow! I was a huge stumper for his work in Out of Sight and Three Kings. The Descendants has to rank as one of his worst performances since Batman & Robin.)
"How's the despair?"
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

I was pretty sure the "pretty boy" vote would split between Clooney and Pitt - let's hope Dujardin carries the momentum to Oscar night!
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I'm just TeamAnyoneButClooney at this point, although I'd easily go with Pitt out of the three frontrunners.

I knew they'd show that unconvincing hospital scene for Clooney's clip though.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Thank Jesus! I'm so hoping the Oscar goes to him.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I did NOT see that one coming.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

SAG: Best Actor

Post by OscarGuy »

Jean Dujardin - The Artist
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “84th Predictions and Precursors”