Life of Pi

Greg
Tenured

Re: Life of Pi

Post by Greg »

I know this is a geeky joke; but, will Life Of Pi open March 14?
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Did anyone see the hyena and the orangutan anywhere in the trailer? They're two crucial elements. If they rely on the whole tiger/zebra line, this takes away a magnificent part of the book.

Though maybe if they showed all the other animals, parents would take their kids to see this believing it is the sequel to We Bought a Zoo.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I'll be interested to see how Lee deals with the Atonement-esque twist at the end of the book.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Oh, man. Art Direction Oscar here we come.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
rudeboy
Adjunct

Life of Pi

Post by rudeboy »

Ang Lee's adaptation of Yann Martel's Life of Pi finally has an official trailer. This is one of those very rare movies which I really, really want to be great. The book, which I adore (while accepting that it's literary Marmite) seems like a very tricky one to film. But if Lee pulls it off, this just COULD be the kind of critical-audience hit that screams best picture. It certainly looks like Lee and co have gone all-out to do justice to the novel visually, at the very least. See what you all think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Hjrs6WQ8M

Return to “2012”