Categores One-by-One: Best Cinematography

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Big Magilla wrote:The ballots don't list the cinematographer by name, only the film. I doubt half the voters know who Roger Deakins is and half of them know that he's been nominated nine times or what it is he's nominated for this year.
True but True Grit is the one nominee with the most sweeping vistas plus it's a Best Picture nominee and those almost always have the edge.

As for the race itself, I'm inclined to root for Black Swan because Matthew Libatique is Filipino and I'm obligated to cheer him on but I think this is a three-way race between Inception, The King's Speech and True Grit.

If The King's Speech wins here, I'm expecting it to sweep because the voters clearly LOOOVE the film and will be voting for it everywhere.

I'm predicting True Grit.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The ballots don't list the cinematographer by name, only the film. I doubt half the voters know who Roger Deakins is and half of them know that he's been nominated nine times or what it is he's nominated for this year.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1298551985
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

I say just give it to Roger Deakins. He's been nominated 9 times and has never won before.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

My choice would be Social Network, but I'd have no problem with either True Grit or Inception winning this one.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Black Swan
Inception
The King's Speech
The Social Network
True Grit

Return to “83rd Predictions and Precursors”