Cinema Sight's Oscar Predictions: April 2010

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Never mind. I found it in "spam". It's there now. You might try posting something else to see if it goes through right away now that the site knows you are not a spammer.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I don't get it. The comment is not there and it's not waiting to be approved. I'll send a PM to Wesley to look into it further.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Ok I posted again...........but it didn't show. When I posted a third time I got a message saying that I had already posted a similar message.........although my comment still does not appear.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I believe the first time you post a comment it has to be approved before it can show up, but I checked for pending comments and couldn't find one.

Can you try posting a comment again?
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

I registered and posted a comment on Cinema Sight on the DVD report section. My comment did not get posted but dissapeared.

Have I missed some step?

Edited By Reza on 1271825508
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Magilla has a point, we would love people to leave comments in the articles themselves.

And, Reza, the joke was more that the Coens were directing the film, not that it was about Jews.

Think about it:

Rooster Cogburn: "Why, by Jehovah, girl, that's a Colt's Dragoon! You're no bigger than a gefilte fish, what're you doing with all this pistol?"
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Guys, you could leave a comment on CinemaSight.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I predict that The Tree of Life will not be released this year.
"How's the despair?"
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

OscarGuy wrote:Joel & Ethan Coen's True Grit? ;)
This is a western a subject far, far away from the Holocaust. Don't think this should fare well with the Academy.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Joel & Ethan Coen's True Grit? ;)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

The British Monarchy has always been a favourite with the Academy. Colin Firth is bound to make the list playing the introvert King George VI (the present Queen's father) who had to deal with a stutter. Helena Bonham Carter plays his consort, Queen Elizabeth, and Sir Derek Jacobi plays the physician who helped the King deal with the affliction.

This film should cover the Academy's 'Brit' quota. Wonder which film will cover the Academy's 'Jew' quota?

Edited By Reza on 1271358021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Magilla, FilmFan, MovieWes and I have peered into our crystal balls and come up with our predictions, as of today, for the 83rd Oscars. We fully expect them to change frequently as the year progresses, but we thought it would be fun to compare our lists and see how they eventually compare to the actual Oscar nominees.

To read the article, visit the following link. We have no "discussion" posted on these picks, so just enjoy the lists. :)

http://www.cinemasight.com/2010/04/15/oscar-predictions-april/
Wesley Lovell

Return to “83rd Predictions and Precursors”