Best Film Editing

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

rolotomasi99 wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:For a few seconds, I was beginning to think that Inception might win. And then maybe it would have a shot for Best Picture.

As much as I didn't like Inception, it would make for a very exciting outcome.
Except it was not even nominated...which is so fucking bizarre.
???

Yes it was.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
matthew
Graduate

Post by matthew »

Looks like Inception is this year's The Matrix...

Edited By matthew on 1298864738
Jim20
Temp

Post by Jim20 »

Sonic Youth wrote:For a few seconds, I was beginning to think that Inception might win. And then maybe it would have a shot for Best Picture.

Would have been a cool outcome if Inception had been nominated for editing...alas, we had to settle for the 2nd best editing of the year.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I would be excited for that, Sonic, but precedent is against it as we all know. Personally, a Black Swan win would be awesome, too, but it doesn't have any supporting awards to presage a win.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Except it was not even nominated...which is so fucking bizarre.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

For a few seconds, I was beginning to think that Inception might win. And then maybe it would have a shot for Best Picture.

"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Let's let it be known that Original Song is the only award left before Best Director and we're no closer to knowing who will win than we were.

With 3 awards, Social Network would appear to have the lead compared with King's Speech's 1. At this point, the max # of awards Speech could get is 4. Social Network could get to five if it wins Director and Picture, but at this point, Inception will likely tie for most wins whether it be Social Network or King's Speech (unless Social wins Picture)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Social Network
Wesley Lovell

Return to “83rd Nominations and Winners”