Best Adapted Screenplay

Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

MovieWes wrote:An open letter from Aaron Sorkin to the readers of AwardsDaily. He seems like a real class act.

" I apologize for crashing the conversation but now that the envelopes have been opened I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for being such great movie fans. You’re a tough audience to please but I have a hunch I speak for almost everyone who does what I do for a living that we’ll take tough to please over easy to please any day.

Finally, I think everyone here understands that movies aren’t race horses. There’s no such thing as the best. I could make an argument why any of the 10 nominated films should have won (and 10 more that weren’t nominated). The important thing is that those movies got MADE. That’s good for movie fans.

Don’t worry if your horse didn’t win. Raging Bull’s legacy is in fine shape. Just like The Graduate and The Wizard of Oz and Citizen Kane and that other movie with “network” in the title.

Thanks again for loving movies so much.

Aaron Sorkin "
Pompous ass.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

An open letter from Aaron Sorkin to the readers of AwardsDaily. He seems like a real class act.

" I apologize for crashing the conversation but now that the envelopes have been opened I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for being such great movie fans. You’re a tough audience to please but I have a hunch I speak for almost everyone who does what I do for a living that we’ll take tough to please over easy to please any day.

Finally, I think everyone here understands that movies aren’t race horses. There’s no such thing as the best. I could make an argument why any of the 10 nominated films should have won (and 10 more that weren’t nominated). The important thing is that those movies got MADE. That’s good for movie fans.

Don’t worry if your horse didn’t win. Raging Bull’s legacy is in fine shape. Just like The Graduate and The Wizard of Oz and Citizen Kane and that other movie with “network” in the title.

Thanks again for loving movies so much.

Aaron Sorkin "

Edited By MovieWes on 1298920426
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Franz Ferdinand wrote:Great speech, he speaks the way he writes. I think he had the best line of the night:

"Roxy Sorkin, your father just won the Academy Award, I'm going to have to insist on some respect from your guinea pig."
So glad I muted him too.
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

Great speech, he speaks the way he writes. I think he had the best line of the night:

"Roxy Sorkin, your father just won the Academy Award, I'm going to have to insist on some respect from your guinea pig."
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

anonymous wrote:Art Direction and Cinematography were minor surprises.

The Cinematography Guild winner also won the Oscar. Is that really surprising?

Edited By rolotomasi99 on 1298864817
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

<s>Best speech of the night.</s>

No, that would be Siedler's

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1298875341
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

rolotomasi99 wrote:So far absolutely no surprises. So boring.
Art Direction and Cinematography were minor surprises.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

So far absolutely no surprises. So boring.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Still think we should take back his emmys.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Social Network
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “83rd Nominations and Winners”