The Last Airbender Trailer

kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

M. Night Shyalaman must have a huge ego. I first became aware he has a film coming out this summer when I saw a poster for it at our nearest multiplex last night. I recognized the title "The Last Airbender" from the animated TV series "Avatar" my kids watch sometimes. Yet the poster says it was written by Shyalaman, with no reference to the TV series or the comic books in which these characters were first created. And, as you can see in the trailer, there is also no reference to "based on characters created by...". "Written, Produced And Directed by M. Night Shyalaman." It creates the impression this is a work created entirely by him.

Also, Shyalaman's name is very prominent and mentioned several times in the poster and the trailer. I would think by now his name on a film would be a marketing problem instead of an asset.

On the other hand, I am glad to see Shyalaman working with other people's material. He is a talented director and his films are always technically well done. The trailer indicates this one will be the same. But his last several films have had horrible stories and scripts. I am looking forward to this one.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1814758425/

Edited By kaytodd on 1269120141
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “2010”