The 2010 IRA Awards

jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Every year I these awards being announced I always think of Northern Ireland.
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

She played Julia's very tall sister, quite amusingly.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I forgot Jane Lynch was in Julie & Julia. What did she do?
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

As some of you may recall, my gang gets together every year to vote on our own film awards, the IRAs. Last night was our 35th annual, and here are the results:

Best Picture: Hunger (Runners-Up: Still Walking; Summer Hours)

Best Director: Olivier Assayas -- Summer Hours (Runners-Up: Hirokazu Kore-Eda -- Still Walking; Steve McQueen -- Hunger)

Best Actor: Sharlto Copley -- District 9 (Runners-Up: Michael Fassbender -- Hunger; Dragos Bucur -- Politist, adjectiv)

Best Actress: Catalina Saavedra -- The Maid (Runners-Up: Paulina Gaitan -- Sin Nombre; Arta Dobroshi'-- Lorna's Silence)

Best Supporting Actor: Liam Cunningham -- Hunger (Runners-Up: Vlad Ivanov -- Politist, adjectiv; Jeremy Renier -- Lorna's Silence and Summer Hours)

Best Supporting Actress: Anna Faris -- Observe and Report (Runners-Up: Edith Scob -- Summer Hours; Jane Lynch -- Julie & Julia, Irina Saulescu -- Politist, adjectiv)

Best Screenplay: Olivier Assayas -- Summer Hours (Runners-Up: Hirokazu Kore-Eda -- Still Walking; Steve McQueen and Edna Wright -- Hunger)

Best Cinematography: Sean Bobbitt -- Hunger (Runners-Up: Adriano Goldman -- Sin Nombre; Roger Deakins -- A Serious Man)

Best Production Design: Philip Ivey -- District 9 (Runners-Up: David Wasco -- Ingourious Basterds; K.K. Barrett -- Where The Wild Things Are)

Best Musical Score: Marvin Hamlisch -- The Informant! (Runners-Up: Abel Korzeniowski -- A Single Man; Carter Burwell and Karen O -- Where The Wild Things Are)

Best Costumes: Janet Patterson -- Bright Star (Runners-Up: Hope Hanafin -- (500) Days of Summer; Shoshana Rubin -- The Informant!)

Sominex Award: Public Enemies (Runners-Up: Whatever Works; Where The Wild Things Are, Taking Woodstock)

Dramamine Award: Anti-Christ (Runners-Up: Precious Based On The Novel Push" By Saphire, Brüno)

Mechanical Actor: Peter Sarsgaard -- An Education, The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, Orphan (Runners-Up: Christian Bale -- Terminator Salvation and Public Enemies, Demetri Martin -- Taking Woodstock, Mike Tysin -- Tyson and The Hangover)

Mechanical Actress: Hilary Swank -- Amelia (Runners-Up: Evan Rachel Wood -- Whatever Works; Amy Adams -- Julia & Julie, Marion Cotillard -- Public Enemies [but not Nine])

We also did a collective 10 Best of the Naughts (based on New York City release dates):

1. The Son -- Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne
2. Zodiac -- David Fincher
3. Yi Yi -- Edward Yang
4. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford -- Andrew Dominik
5. Edge of Heaven -- Fatih Akin, In the Mood for Love -- Wong Kar-Wai
7. The Heart of the World -- Guy Maddin
8. Mysterious Skin -- Gregg Araki, Bus 174 -- Jose Padilha and Felipe Lacerda
10. The Death of Mr. Lazarescu -- Cristi Puiu, Head-On -- Fatih Akin, Spirited Away -- Hayao Miyazaki

Edited By Damien on 1268591462
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”