SAG: Actor

Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Damien wrote:
kaytodd wrote:I am looking forward to seeing Crazy Heart and I'll bet I will thoroughly enjoy Jeff's performance. He will be a deserving Oscar winner and will give another great speech. But the best 2009 male lead performances I have seen this year were from Colin Firth and George Clooney and I predict I will feel the same after seeing Crazy Heart.
I greatly admire Clooney's and Firth's performances, and either of them would be a worthy Oscar winner. But Jeff Bridges gives a great performance and for once a career Oscar win will actually be for a deserving performance. Bridges completely inhabits and gets under the skin of his character. It's beautiful acting.
I'm happy to have someone backing my position on the performance. I don't know why everyone else so far has been so unappreciative.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

kaytodd wrote:I am looking forward to seeing Crazy Heart and I'll bet I will thoroughly enjoy Jeff's performance. He will be a deserving Oscar winner and will give another great speech. But the best 2009 male lead performances I have seen this year were from Colin Firth and George Clooney and I predict I will feel the same after seeing Crazy Heart.
I greatly admire Clooney's and Firth's performances, and either of them would be a worthy Oscar winner. But Jeff Bridges gives a great performance and for once a career Oscar win will actually be for a deserving performance. Bridges completely inhabits and gets under the skin of his character. It's beautiful acting.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

If you don't have access to a theatre playing Crazy Heart, try and get hold of the DVD of The Open Road in which Bridges plays essentially the same character, albeit a hasbeen baseball player rather than a hasbeen country singer.
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

I am looking forward to seeing Crazy Heart and I'll bet I will thoroughly enjoy Jeff's performance. He will be a deserving Oscar winner and will give another great speech. But the best 2009 male lead performances I have seen this year were from Colin Firth and George Clooney and I predict I will feel the same after seeing Crazy Heart.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Jeff Bridges - Crazy Heart
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”