GG: Comedy/Musical Actress

Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

If Sandra wins at SAG then this race is wide open. If Meryl wins, I really think she has it in the bag.
mashari
Temp

Post by mashari »

Damien wrote:Welcome back, Mashari. Where you been? The divas always get you back here. :D
Hey, Damien and everyone! Great to be back. I've been so busy, but you know I couldn't resist giving my take on the divas in contention lol. Can't believe I've been a member for over 10 years, starting with the old board! :laugh:
"The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes... only sooner."--Tallulah Bankhead
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Welcome back, Mashari. Where you been? The divas always get you back here. :D
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
mashari
Temp

Post by mashari »

I wouldn't count out Sandra even though Warner Bros. didn't send out the screeners to SAG(the amazing box office and the fact that she's never won one surely compensates). Meryl also just won last year. My money's still on her for the Oscar as I don't see Meryl winning for mostly lightweight Julia, too bad Doubt wasn't released this year instead.

Edited By mashari on 1263954752
"The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes... only sooner."--Tallulah Bankhead
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

Meryl is now poised the closest she has been since her 1982 win for Sophie's Choice to win her third Oscar. (this award and so many pre-cursors as well).

If she wins at the SAGs then there is no way she won't win on Oscar night.

Edited By Snick's Guy on 1263868478
dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

she was on fire during her angels run...but she is always a joy to listen too in my opinion and this is was one of my favorites for a lot of reasons...and i'm usually a big fan of her performances as well...but i haven't seen this one yet, its coming from netflix this week.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I've been mixed on Meryl Streep, but that was one of the best acceptance speeches ever. Along with the one she gave when she won for Angels In America.

Left-wing women rock!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Meryl Streep - Julie & Julia
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”