GG: Supporting Actor

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I'll say I was very struck by the contrast between the character he plays and the soft-spoken, earnest, meek and unseasoned, even slightly... well, corny person he comes off as during his acceptance speeches. I like him.

I enjoyed his performance, but there was a little too much showmanship in it for me to fully embrace it.

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1263792504
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Hollywood Z
Temp

Post by Hollywood Z »

Well, since no one seems to be saying anything about his win, I'll just say this...I'm glad to see him win for such a deserving performance. And if he does go on to win the Oscar (which it's looking like he's going to), then that means that three of the some of the best movie villains of all time will have won three consecutive years in a row: Waltz, Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight and Javier Bardem for No Country for Old Men. Say what you will about this or any of the aforementioned films or performances, but these are three villains that will definitely be remembered for setting the standards for years, maybe decades, to come.

Edited By Hollywood Z on 1263792036
"You are what you love, not what loves you." - Nicholas Cage; Adaptation
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Christoph Waltz - Inglourious Basterds
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”