The ASC Nominees

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

it's not your fault, Rolo...They may well be the results, but they aren't even confirmed on Variety yet, which makes it even more suspect, imo.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

White Ribbon, yay! Totally deserved.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

I got this list from AwardsDaily. I will make the corrections if it is wrong. Sorry. :(

Assuming this list is correct, I say the Oscars will nominate four out of five, with AVATAR being replaced by BRIGHT STAR.

While the Oscars have certainly nominated films which incorporate a great deal of f/x (THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, THE DARK KNIGHT) they have not embraced nominees from the ASC list which involved an abundance of completely CGI created environments (KING KONG, THE RETURN OF THE KING, THE PERFECT STORM). Apparently, too much green screen bothers the cinematographers branch of the Academy.

I do not have strong confidence in this prediction, but it fits the history of the two groups of cinematographers.

Edited By rolotomasi99 on 1263241683
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I always find it odd that people find these listed places, but the organization's website doesn't have it correct. I heard earlier that Awards Daily posted an erroneous list for the WGA announcements citing A Single Man, which we knew to be ineligible.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Barry Ackroyd, BSC for The Hurt Locker
Dion Beebe, ASC, ACS for Nine
Christian Berger, AAC for The White Ribbon
Mauro Fiore, ASC for Avatar
Robert Richardson, ASC for Inglorious Basterds
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”