Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

We now have our answer.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The pdfs don't discuss film eligibility, just producer eligibility, unless I entirely missed something. But I didn't find any specific exclusions, but who knows. I thought there was some discussion last year when WALL-E failed to earn a nomination that the reason it didn't was because it was eligible for the Animated Feature category.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

If you go to their website and click on 2010 Producers Guild Awards Submission Information it brings you to another page which includes the rules for submission. I tried several times to download the pdf. file containing the information but it kept freezing on me.
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

I think animated films cannot compete in the Best picture award, since they created the Animated Feature category.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Does anyone know off the top of their head if animated films cannot compete in the best picture prize from the PGA because of the separate Animated Feature category?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”