Annie Award Nominees, 2009

Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

anonymous wrote:John Leguizamo over Ed Asner? WTF?!?

When it comes to voice acting, the ones who manipulate their voice are recognized more often than those who use their natural speaking voice. These tend to go to supporting characters.

Edited By Zahveed on 1259862896
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

John Leguizamo over Ed Asner? WTF?!?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I've added the totals. Coraline beats out Up with 10 nominations to Pixar's 9. That's fairly common for these guys. Last year, Kung Fu Panda ended up with 17 nominations to WALL-E's 7. Usually, this group's top nominated film ends up with an Oscar nomination.

2007: Ratatouille (11) to Surf's Up (8) & The Simpsons Movie (4)
2006: Cars (9) to Over the Hedge (8), Flushed Away (8), Happy Feet (1) & Monster House (6)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

By these nominees, Ponyo takes the biggest hit of the big six animated pictures fighting for five spots, though again, I think the Miyazaki directing nomination is obvious evidence of the animation community's respect for the guy.

Coraline gets a slew of nominations -- seems to me its Oscar spot is still looking pretty safe.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Since I'm still waiting on the Spirit Awards to get their picks posted, I was watching the Annie Awards website and they were very quickly and effectively updated. Here's a link to my post on the nominees:

Annie Award Nominees

Edited By OscarGuy on 1259687390
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”