82nd Oscars - Best Picture

bettestreep2008
Graduate

Post by bettestreep2008 »

I thought the producers should have allowed Tom to read the 10 nominees again - would have only taken another 30 seconds or so.

Just seemed very abrupt for what should have been the pinnacle moment of the show.

thank goodness that overrated piece of crap Avatar didn't win. I thought the cards were landing in Hurt Lockers place when it scooped the 2 sound awards. I was certain Avatar would have won them for sure.

I am guessing voters thought that the sound editors and mixers on Hurt Locker managed to produce the same excellent results as Avatar at 1/100th of the cost.

And Hurt Locker was indeed the most deserving film of the TEN anyway.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

dws1982 wrote:That was odd, Tom Hanks. At least Laurence Olivier had the excuse of being almost 80 when he did it. The show wasn't running that long. It was only at 3 hrs, 30 minutes, and plenty of shows have run longer than that. There was more than enough time to read off the nominated films again.
It's one of the consequences for having ten Best Picture nominees.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

That was odd, Tom Hanks. At least Laurence Olivier had the excuse of being almost 80 when he did it. The show wasn't running that long. It was only at 3 hrs, 30 minutes, and plenty of shows have run longer than that. There was more than enough time to read off the nominated films again.

Edited By dws1982 on 1268024634
inky
Temp

Post by inky »

Abruptly, because ... "The show is so long that THE AVATAR now takes part in the past."
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

very rushed -- don't like how they presented the best picture award, i know they are on overtime, but jeesh ..
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Is it me or did they unexpectedly cut off the re-mentioning the Best Picture winners...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

that was abrupt.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Hurt Locker
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”