John Hughes Tribute

dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

I had a feeling this would not go over well on this board and don't get me wrong, i don't think of john hughes when i think of my favorite filmmakers. But at the same time his films did leave a lasting impression on a generation or two. And i liked a lot of what he did, breakfast club, plaines trains and automobiles, christmas vacation, ferris bueller, vacation...all enjoyable films that were a lot of fun to watch. Nothing close to award worthy but they made me laugh and this man deserved the salute he got....but karl malden deserved to have at least a line from streetcar at the end of that in my life debacle. I would trade the hughes thing for a couple lines from him if i could, because i thought that could have saved it.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

And Sheedy looked so old

Edited By Hustler on 1268050061
bettestreep2008
Graduate

Post by bettestreep2008 »

I didn't think the tribute was so bad.

Agree it was awkward - but I guess the producers thought a tribute for a 1980s film maker will compensate for all the tweenies they were forced to get to present.

Seriously - the only excuse for having Taylor Lautner and that coughing girl was to drag in the Twighlight crowd!

Sadly the producers didn't realise that after tuning in for their appearances they would have switched over to another station.

Their attention span is only 5 minutes isn't it???
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Damien wrote:Pathetic. And clearly the audience didn't have the same Jones for this hack filmmaker that Shankman does.
Nobody really seemed to care all that much, I also noticed.

I think I read this is more Tom Sherak's and Bill Mechanic's idea more than Shankman's, to be fair.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Pathetic. And clearly the audience didn't have the same Jones for this hack filmmaker that Shankman does.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

OscarGuy wrote:Who was the seventh person up there with Cryer, Sheedy, Hall, Culkin, Broderick & Ringwald?
Judd Nelson
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It was pretty awkward.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Who was the seventh person up there with Cryer, Sheedy, Hall, Culkin, Broderick & Ringwald?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

mac cauley culkin looked terrible --

made me wonder why we haven't seen more of the great ally sheedy, since her wonderful comeback in High Art in the late 90s
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Blech
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”