2012: Batman 3 - Tom Hardy to play the Riddler?

Dien
Graduate

Re: 2012: Batman 3 - Tom Hardy to play the Riddler?

Post by Dien »

Thread revival!

For those who care anyway.

I imagine someone here saw the set photos over the past few months?
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

It is being widely reported that Israeli actor Alon Aboutboul has been cast as Dr. Hugo Strange in The Dark Knight Rises. This makes the fourth villain announced for the film, following the announcements of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane, and Josh Pence as the Lazarus Pit-resurrected Ra's al Ghul.

Edited By MovieWes on 1305321943
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Eh...

BATMAN BEGINS:
Ra's al Ghul
Scarecrow
Carmine Falcone
Victor Zsasz (briefly)

THE DARK KNIGHT:
The Joker
Two-Face
Scarecrow (briefly)

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES:
Bane
Catwoman
???

JGL probably isn't even a villain. I remember when Anthony Michael Hall was cast in The Dark Knight and most of the internet suspected he would play Edward Nigma (The Riddler) as a set up to the third film. Instead, he ended up just being a news anchor. If he is a villain, then probably not to the extent as Bane or Catwoman. If he is, then remember Catwoman is just a burglar and poses no real threat in Nolan's world.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

WB actually came out with a statement saying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is NOT playing Alberto Falcone (aka The Holiday Killer), but that he has officially been cast in the film. So everything right now is just speculation.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Prof. Hugo Strange, btw.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

And now Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be playing the Holiday Killer.

I smell another Spider-Man 3 coming...
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

jack wrote:
MovieWes wrote:Tom Hardy will apparently be playing Hugo Strange. Interesting choice. Now hopefully next we'll be hearing that Rachel Weisz has been chosen to portray Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

I kinda want to hear Ann Hathaway announced in that role. I can't wait for this movie, and it makes perfect sense that Catwoman be the villain.

It's my understanding that the role Anne Hathaway is up for is that of Julie Madison (if the rumors are to be believed and she is, in fact, Bruce's love interest in the film).

Edited By MovieWes on 1290219811
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

MovieWes wrote:Tom Hardy will apparently be playing Hugo Strange. Interesting choice. Now hopefully next we'll be hearing that Rachel Weisz has been chosen to portray Selina Kyle/Catwoman.
I kinda want to hear Ann Hathaway announced in that role. I can't wait for this movie, and it makes perfect sense that Catwoman be the villain.
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Tom Hardy will apparently be playing Hugo Strange. Interesting choice. Now hopefully next we'll be hearing that Rachel Weisz has been chosen to portray Selina Kyle/Catwoman.
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

AHAHA that does kind of suck.
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

For some reason, when I see this title, I want to say, "That's what she said." :p
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I'll say it: what an awful title.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Third Batman to be Titled The Dark Knight Rises

In an interview with Hero Complex, Christopher Nolan revealed that the title for his third Batman movie will be The Dark Knight Rises. He added that the villain "won't be the Riddler."

"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan said cryptically. He also said that the studio has agreed with him not to shoot the film in 3D.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Crap, I accidentally pasted part of the article in the title of the thread and didn't notice. Can someone please modify the title?

Return to “Coming Soon”