Justin Bieber as Justin Bieber

Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

anonymous wrote:
Reza wrote:Director Davis Guggenheim Backs Out of Justin Bieber's Concert Film

Was it only just Monday when it was announced that acclaimed documentary filmmaker Davis Guggenheim (An Inconvenient Truth, It Might Get Loud, Waiting for "Superman") would be helming a 3D-tastic concert movie all about superstarlet Justin Bieber, due out next February?

Well, if Deadline Hollywood's to be believed, Guggenheim has since changed his mind and stepped down from the project. (Cue Dramatic Bieber.) This leaves not only a hole in the hearts of countless teenage girls, but a director's seat vacant for anyone willing to take on the life and times of this Canadian pop phenom.

Who might be up to the challenge? How about Kenny Ortega, the brains behind This is It and High School Musical? Or what about Bruce Hendricks, who already did 3D concert movies for both Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers? Surely, he could handle the Beebster. Barring that, I hear this fellow's made a couple of concert films himself. »
Someone suggested Werner Herzog. Now, I'd DEFINITELY pay to see that.
With a re-enactment of the denouement of Grizzly Man, I should hope!
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Reza wrote:Director Davis Guggenheim Backs Out of Justin Bieber's Concert Film

Was it only just Monday when it was announced that acclaimed documentary filmmaker Davis Guggenheim (An Inconvenient Truth, It Might Get Loud, Waiting for "Superman") would be helming a 3D-tastic concert movie all about superstarlet Justin Bieber, due out next February?

Well, if Deadline Hollywood's to be believed, Guggenheim has since changed his mind and stepped down from the project. (Cue Dramatic Bieber.) This leaves not only a hole in the hearts of countless teenage girls, but a director's seat vacant for anyone willing to take on the life and times of this Canadian pop phenom.

Who might be up to the challenge? How about Kenny Ortega, the brains behind This is It and High School Musical? Or what about Bruce Hendricks, who already did 3D concert movies for both Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers? Surely, he could handle the Beebster. Barring that, I hear this fellow's made a couple of concert films himself. »

Someone suggested Werner Herzog. Now, I'd DEFINITELY pay to see that.

I'm sure he got no end of flack from his docu friends for agreeing to the project...either that or when he submitted his proposals to the studio trying to make it more compelling than what teenage girls really cared about they axed him.

I'm thinking the latter.

Edited By anonymous on 1281021303
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Justin Bieber starring Justin Bieber directed by Justin Bieber...it would be all the rage (and all the suck).

I'm sure he got no end of flack from his docu friends for agreeing to the project...either that or when he submitted his proposals to the studio trying to make it more compelling than what teenage girls really cared about they axed him.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Director Davis Guggenheim Backs Out of Justin Bieber's Concert Film

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I like Justin Bieber. But I doubt I'll be seeing this.

Edited By anonymous on 1281015084
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Movies Are Better Than Ever!

From Gawker.com:

Justin Bieber to Play Himself in 3D Biographical Movie

Singer Justin Bieber, who is 16, will play himself in a 3D biopic about his life. The man who directed An Inconvenient Truth is in negotiations to direct it. I don't know what else to say. Good luck, earth.
=========================

My favorite comment on this development: "That hair in 3-D uh oh..."
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “Coming Soon”