Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Hollywood Z
Temp

Post by Hollywood Z »

FilmFan720 wrote:
anonymous wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:A gay man supporting a dues-paying Mormon. Should we expect a chicken to support Col. Sanders now?
I don't remember the last time a Mormon ate a gay man (literally).
Obviously you've never seen Angels in America.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"You are what you love, not what loves you." - Nicholas Cage; Adaptation
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

anonymous wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:A gay man supporting a dues-paying Mormon. Should we expect a chicken to support Col. Sanders now?
Obviously you've never seen Angels in America.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

A gay man supporting a dues-paying Mormon. Should we expect a chicken to support Col. Sanders now?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Damien wrote:P.S. Answer #1: No, there won't be any musical numbers
Well, there goes my only reason to see it. :p
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Posted on Facebook:

The Twilight Saga: A note to fans from Bill Condon

Greetings Twihards, Twifans, Twilight Moms, Team Edward, Team Jacob and Team Switzerland,

I just want to say hello to all of you and let you know that I'm stoked to be getting underway on the adventure of making BREAKING DAWN. As you've probably heard, I've been given a very warm welcome by Stephenie and Team Summit - who are super-focused, as you know, on getting these movies right.

I'm pretty busy bringing myself up to speed on what you already know by heart: I've read BREAKING DAWN twice, rewatched Catherine's and Chris's movies 2-3 times each, have all four CDs playing in my car, and have Catherine's notebook, Mark Cotta Vaz's companion books, and even Volume 1 of the graphic novel here on my desk - a corner of my office is starting to look like Hot Topic. I realize that this barely qualifies me for "newborn" status in the universe you've been living inside for a few years now, but a guy's gotta start somewhere.

Like many of you, I've always been slightly obsessed with vampires, dating back to the prime-time series DARK SHADOWS, which I followed avidly as a kid. But that alone hadn't been enough to get me interested in making a vampire movie, even though my early screenwriting and directing efforts grew out of a great love for horror movies and thrillers. Since making GODS AND MONSTERS thirteen years ago, however, I've been yearning for a return to a story with Gothic overtones.

The wonderful world that Stephenie has created has obviously struck a chord with you, and I don't think it's difficult to see why. For me, her characters are simultaneously timeless, yet very modern. Rooted in a beautiful, real landscape with a great sense of place, Bella, Edward, Jacob, and the rest of the Forks/La Push menagerie, experience emotions that are primal, and universal: desire, despair, jealousy - and it all comes to fruition in BREAKING DAWN. This is a final chapter in the best sense; not just wide in scope and scale, but emotionally charged and intense throughout.

I'm a huge admirer of the already-iconic Kristen, Robert, and Taylor, and wanted to be the one to work with them as they face the challenges of bringing your beloved characters to the end of their journeys. Really, what could be more fun than that?

Please feel free to ask questions in the comments section below, and I'll do my best to answer them. I hope that this will be the first of many occasions I'll get to check in with you as we set to work bringing BREAKING DAWN to the screen. I am excited and grateful to have all of you alongside me for my TWILIGHT journey.

All best,

Bill Condon

P.S. Answer #1: No, there won't be any musical numbers
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Not everyone is as enthusiastic as Ted Casablanca. Here's what Jeffrey Wells had to say this morning:

It goes without saying, I presume, that Bill Condon allegedly agreeing to direct the final Twilight movie -- i.e., Breaking Dawn -- sounds weird. Like he's slumming, I mean. We all have to keep body and soul together and I wish him the best. Maybe he can make something more out of a franchise that everyone turned on last November when New Moon was seen. It's been rumored that the latest one, Eclipse, also smells.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

From Variety:

IT'S OFFICIAL: CONDON TO HELM "TWILIGHT"
'Dreamgirls' director set for 'Breaking Dawn'

By DAVE MCNARY

Summit Entertainment has closed its deal with helmer Bill Condon to close out the "Twilight" saga.

Condon had been in negotiations for several weeks to direct "Breaking Dawn" -- the final tome in author Stephenie Meyer's four-book vampire series. The deal was expected to close quickly, with no major sticking points between the two sides.

Summit made the official announcement Wednesday.

"I'm very excited to get the chance to bring the climax of this saga to life on-screen," Condon said in a statement. "As fans of the series know, this is a one-of-a-kind book - and we're hoping to create an equally unique cinematic experience."

Condon's credits include writing and directing "Dreamgirls," "Kinsey" and "Gods and Monsters." He also penned the screenplay for "Chicago." He recently directed the pilot episode for the Showtime series "The Big C" and produced the 81st Annual Academy Awards telecast.

Summit has not yet announced if "Breaking Dawn," which marks the last chapter in the love story of bloodsucker Edward and mortal Bella, will be broken into two films although it's widely expected to do so.

Catherine Hardwicke helmed the first pic, while Chris Weitz directed the second, "New Moon." David Slade was behind the camera for the third, the upcoming "Eclipse," which opens June 30. Scribe Melissa Rosenberg has adapted each installment and is currently working on the fourth pic. Summit said Wednesday that stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner will return and that Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt, and Stephenie Meyer will produce.

Condon is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.

And from Ted Casablanca:

Bill Condon the Right Director for "Repressed" Twilight

As we told ya ages ago, Bill Condon, who was just announced as the official director of the Twilight franchise's final installment, Breaking Dawn, really is perfect for the job. Certain sources at Summit—who get how exactly how sexually ambiguous this whole vamp show can be—agree:

"[Condon] gets it, he does the repressed thing very well."

Jeez, is this good news or bad news?

We say totally good!

"[Condon] really is good at getting in there with the sexual stuff you don't talk about, he's shown that in Gods and Monsters," Deep Twi assessed, regarding Condon's film with Brendan Fraser and Ian McKellen. Monsters essentially was about a retired gay director (McKellen) who wanted his gardener (Fraser), who didn't seem to know exactly what the hell he wanted. The ending wasn't entirely happy.

And given the progressive romantic lives (finally!) Bella and Edward have in Stephenie Meyer's fourth Twilight book, Breaking Dawn, maybe it's best to have a guy who knows how tease the PG stuff while still keeping everything tuned to the overwhelming teenage audience? Probably. Just think we all coulda used a guy who gets sex—in any kind of filmic capacity—on Twilight a whole lot sooner.

Also, our Summit insider informs us the reason they're still waiting to decide whether Breaking will be made into one or two (or three?) films is to get Condon's input.

"It only makes sense," Deep Twi added, "if we want this guy to stay with us for a while to get his input on everything."

Uh, for a while?

Yep, you heard right.

After all, vampires do live forever, do they not?
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “Coming Soon”