Valentine's Day - All-star romantic comedy

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

taki15 wrote:With hackmeister Gary Marshall directing, this one is guaranteed to stink like a dead skunk.
I'm sure you're right, but if we get a sight of Bradley Cooper and Eric Dane locking lips, all will be forgiven.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

With hackmeister Gary Marshall directing, this one is guaranteed to stink like a dead skunk.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Latest cast additions:

"Grey's Anatomy's hunky docs Patrick Dempsey and Eric Dane will costar on the big-screen. The Hollywood Reporter and Variety have independently reported that Dempsey and Dane, respectively, have joined director Garry Marshall's ensemble comedy Valentine's Day. Dane will play a Brett Favre-esque quarterback, and Dempsey will play a cheating doctor in this collection of intersecting romances, alongside Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Shirley MacLaine, Bradley Cooper, Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace, Emma Roberts and Hector Elizondo."

Presumably, this means that Eric Dane will be Bradley Cooper's love interest, based on the initial information below. Now, that's HOT!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

OMGawd!!! So many female Js and I like all of them except for J Roberts. Now if only they'd add Sandy and Kate B to the cast, my life would be GREAT!
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

From Hollywood Reporter; a dream come true casting in bold:

New Line celebrates 'Valentine's Day'
Garry Marshall to direct all-star cast in romantic comedy
By Borys Kit

May 11, 2009, 11:00 PM ET
New Line is putting together an all-star cast for its latest romantic comedy, "Valentine's Day," to be directed by Garry Marshall.

Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Shirley MacLaine, Bradley Cooper and Ashton Kutcher are in final negotiations to star in the movie, which has five slightly interconnecting stories playing out during a Valentine's Day in Los Angeles.

A scorecard may be needed to keep track of the story lines:

-- Roberts is an army officer on leave from Iraq on a flight to L.A. Cooper, on the same flight, is a gay man whose lover is a closeted football player.

-- Kutcher is an owner of a flower shop who proposes to his girlfriend (Alba), only to realize he is in love with his close friend, played by Garner, who discovers her boyfriend is married.

-- MacLaine plays Roberts' mother, a happy retiree who reveals to her husband a long-ago affair.

-- Hathaway is an assistant working at the biggest talent agency in town and dating a mailroom assistant; Biel is a publicist unlucky in love (is there any other kind?) who has no date on Valentine's Day.

Major roles still to be cast are the gay football player, MacLaine's husband, the mailroom worker, a talent agent and a young boy looking to give his crush some flowers.

Mike Karz is producing along with Wayne Rice.

Sam Brown and Michael Disco are overseeing for the studio. Katherine Fugate wrote the initial draft, while Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein penned the latest.

New Line had success with its recent ensemble romance "He's Just Not That Into You," but "Valentine" is more ambitious in scope and cast. The project, which could be compared to "Love, Actually," has already upped the budget from its initial $25 million to the mid-$30 million-dollar range, though New Line would not comment on the dealmaking or the budget.

Return to “Coming Soon”