Well Hello There

All new members must send a PM (Private Message) to OscarGuy via the PM system in order to get access.
Bog
Assistant

Re: Well Hello There

Post by Bog »

Your views on Art Carney, Kevin Space, and American Beauty as a whole might shock Damien right out of his internet hiatus...haha.

Welcome to the board...your horizons will be expanded accordingly! If you stick with it, you've found the right place.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Well Hello There

Post by Sabin »

Welcome to the Board!
"How's the despair?"
ksrymy
Adjunct

Well Hello There

Post by ksrymy »

What's your name? - Ryan

Where are you from (city, state, country, etc.)? (REQUIRED) Olathe, Kansas, United States

What's your favorite movie? Sunset Boulevard (1950)

Whose Oscar win do you most cherish? Kevin Spacey's for 'American Beauty.' He gave a fantastic speech at the ceremony and this is also probably my next favorite movie after Sunset Boulevard. Lester Burnham is easily one of my favorite characters in film history.

Whose Oscar victory do you most revile? Halle Berry's for 'Monster's Ball.' I can't think of another year (maybe Best Actor 1974) where every other nominee deserved it more. And she made such a huge deal about being the first black woman to win that it really got annoying after the first two minutes of crying her speech out. The only person with a longer acceptance speech than her is, I think, Greer Garson.

What are your favorite pastimes? Watching films, researching the classic stars, and many others I'm forgetting.

What do you do for a living? Currently a sophomore at Kansas State University.

What brought you to our fine board? (REQUIRED) I wanted to find a credible place (aka not IMDb's boards) where I could vocalize my opinions on who should have won the Oscar for any given year. I found it in a Yahoo! search.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Return to “Let Me Introduce Myself...”