Hello

All new members must send a PM (Private Message) to OscarGuy via the PM system in order to get access.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: Hello

Post by Mister Tee »

I've been busy and missed this. I echo the multiple hellos you've received -- it's always a pleasure to welcome another film-obsessive. I hope you'll enjoy the many conversations here...there'll be a lot more when movies-as-we-know-them return in the (please!) not-too-distant future. Meantime, you might peruse our many past year entries to get an idea of how we talk around here.

In any case, welcome.
gunnar
Assistant

Post by gunnar »

Thanks for the welcome, everybody.
mlrg wrote: Welcome gunnar

Do you have a letterboxd page?
I do have a letterboxd account, but have not really been active there. My plan was to become a bit more active there when I get close to finishing my Oscar quest, but I may change that plan.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Hello Kurt!
"How's the despair?"
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Hello Kurt....welcome to the Oscar Board.
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

gunnar wrote:Hi,

My name is Kurt and I live just outside Detroit, Michigan.

My favorite movie is Star Wars, but part of that is for sentimental reasons. There are a lot of movies that I love, though. The Best Years of Our Lives and Roman Holiday are at or near the top of the list.

I'm a retired high school math teacher who occasionally lectures at a university. My pastimes include reading tons of books and comic books, playing tennis and softball, and watching lots of movies and tv shows.

I was brought to this board while trying to track down a copy of the movie Portrait of Chieko for my Oscar Quest. I am working my way through all movies ever nominated for an Academy Award (leaving out documentaries and short subjects) and have around 850 to go (not including lost films).
Welcome gunnar

Do you have a letterboxd page?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Welcome, Kurt. It's nice to have you on board.
gunnar
Assistant

Hello

Post by gunnar »

Hi,

My name is Kurt and I live just outside Detroit, Michigan.

My favorite movie is Star Wars, but part of that is for sentimental reasons. There are a lot of movies that I love, though. The Best Years of Our Lives and Roman Holiday are at or near the top of the list.

I'm a retired high school math teacher who occasionally lectures at a university. My pastimes include reading tons of books and comic books, playing tennis and softball, and watching lots of movies and tv shows.

I was brought to this board while trying to track down a copy of the movie Portrait of Chieko for my Oscar Quest. I am working my way through all movies ever nominated for an Academy Award (leaving out documentaries and short subjects) and have around 850 to go (not including lost films).

Return to “Let Me Introduce Myself...”