Advice for Redesign

If you need help finding something, navigating the forums or other topics, post them here.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I don't know what your screen resolution is, so it makes it really hard to tell you what you can do to fix it.

More than likely, your resolution is too small to handle the site, which means you may have to scroll left and right to read the data you're looking at.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Although I have written you Wes, twice, about this, you have yet to answer or to advise me what to do.

At 100% the screen is too large, and to attempt to include everything at a smaller percentage, makes it impossible to read, as the print is too small. What am I doing wrong, and what should I do?
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

In another thread, I opined that it might be wise to do some judicious deleting.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

- I think it's a little too bright. A few shades darker might be easier on the eyes. Maybe the off-white/gray of UAADB might work but with your blues.

- The only sections I really read are the predictions and the movie previews. The prediction site is fine, but I think the previews could be organized a little neater. Perhaps different fonts, sizes, and locations, and perhaps a short synopsis of what the film is about.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm going through another redesign of my site. I have realized how cumbersome some of it is, so I'm planning to make some updates to make things easier to find or at least look at.

To make this task a little easier on myself, I'd like to know what you like and don't like about the site. I know I've asked for this again, but I'd like you to be a little more thorough.

What can't you find that you want to find?
What sections do you read and find helpful, which do you not?
What content do I not have that you'd like to see more of?
What would encourage you to view my site more frequently than you already do (UAADB, while a part of my site, isn't exactly lacking in your participation, though suggestions for it are welcome).
Are you satisfied with the brightness or dimness of the current site or UAADB and want it increased or decreased? (I will probably stick with the blue/shades of blue scheme, but want to know what works and what doesn't from a "harmony" standpoint).

If you want to send your comments by PM or e-mail, that's fine with me. If you want to post them here, I'll still read them.

I appreciate constructive criticism. This isn't your opportunity to slam me or Magilla in our styles of writing or other matters. If you have a negative about the site, I would appreciate a positive suggested solution.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Help Forum”