Pixar Noir?

Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

OscarGuy wrote:Look at Who Framed Roger Rabbit...they didn't need to tone down the sensuality too much...
True, but that movie wasn't necessarily geared toward children.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Whatever happened to The Muppets noir project?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Look at Who Framed Roger Rabbit...they didn't need to tone down the sensuality too much...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

That is a good idea. Pixar could definitely pull something like that off. They might have to tone down the murder and sexuality though.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

That's really sci-fi, not black-and-white film noir, so I guess we can see how that turns out before knowing if they can do it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Andrew Stanton's next project is a CGI feature adaptation of Edgar Rice Burrough's John Carter of Mars. It's said to be quite different from PIXAR's usual features.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

So, I had this really great idea...well, either I thought of it myself or read it in passing somewhere, but would it not be most interesting for Pixar, now that they've tackled the silent feature, if they tried to do a black-and-white noir thriller (with humor of course). It's the only animation house I could really trust with this kind of project (while I liked Were-Rabbit, it seemed more akin to horror than noir).
Wesley Lovell

Return to “Dream Projects”