GG: Drama Actress

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I think that the lead award is already decided. Supporting could be for Penelope.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

That was an extraordinary moment, and I have to believe that she's now destined to win in either of the categories.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The one reason I could see her winning for Revolutionary and not The Reader is that she's got more nods in Lead and I wonder if Oscar voters would want to recognize her there instead of the slum category.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

i've mentioned her winning two oscars on the same night for awhile now...still think theres no real chance of it happening but i also think it will be the most interesting double nominee that i've witnessed.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Sigourney Weaver, 1988
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Franz Ferdinand wrote:AHAHAHA that's crazy. Is this the first time in Globes history such an abberation occurred?

Yes.

[edit] I'm wrong - Sigourney Weaver did it in 1988.

Though, they may be making up ground here by giving her two awards. I think this may make Winslet the front-runner in Supporting Actress, but not Lead Actress come Oscar time. I still think Hathaway will win the Oscar.

Edited By jack on 1231732894
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

AHAHAHA that's crazy. Is this the first time in Globes history such an abberation occurred?
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

I don't think anyone here predicted this (at least not on paper) and I think only OG even predicted someone other than Hathaway/Streep.

I don't know what this does for the race, but I can't imagine Kate not getting herself a SAG...everyone loves the shit out of her everywhere.
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

I'm thinking they changed their pick after the miss-step a few days ago with Hathaway.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

They passed on the Hathaway/Streep showdown just like the Broadcast Critics (but in a different way), so Best Actress still does not have a frontrunner.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

heh.
kooyah
Graduate

Post by kooyah »

I kind of love that Meryl Streep didn't win this category or the other category.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I know it's just the Globes, but how crazy am I now?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Wow.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Kate Winslet - Revolutionary Road
Wesley Lovell

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”