Happy Oscar Day!

Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

I hope everyone has an entertaining night at least, and I look forward to the discussions of the outcome in the days to come!
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Damien wrote:Have a great day everyone! Hope you all enjoy the show
...And you know, we will be watching for you. We will recognize you right away if you are shown. Have a wonderful night, Damien; after two exhaustive( and very readable books on the history of the Oscar, you are indeed owed!
Have a good time, too, at the parties.
( Imagine, guys, mingling with those whom we have only seen on the screen and seldom in person)
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Enjoy the party Tee...anything unusual planned for this evening?
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Taking a moment out from the frenzy of preparation to say, I hope everyone has at least something make them happy tonight.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hope everybody enjoys the most important holiday of the year!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Have a great day everyone! Hope you all enjoy the show
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Happy Show everybody!. Let´s hope we have fun and enjoy.

Edited By Hustler on 1235325839
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I've lowered my expectations. I'm not expecting any surprises or appearances from any screen legends. At this point I'm just hoping for an entertaining show.

Enjoy!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Sonic Youth wrote:Oscar Guy, regardless of our sometimes heated differences in the past, I hope you have a great time watching tonight and thank you for providing this forum for us for so many years. You rool!
I'd like to co-sign this.

And happy Oscars to everyone!
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Regardless of winners, this board has always come together in the end (with a few exceptions, of course), but it's our love of this event, the night of a thousand celebrities, that keeps us all together.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Depends on the shockers. :p

Oscar Guy, regardless of our sometimes heated differences in the past, I hope you have a great time watching tonight and thank you for providing this forum for us for so many years. You rool!
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Let's all hope for a great show (regardless of winners) and hope there's at least one or two shockers.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1235316259
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Happy Oscars, everybody!

Enjoy the show, cheer for the winners you loved (or at least not hated), gawk at the stars, laugh at the stars, lean back your favorite chair, make popcorn, sip some amaretto, snark away with your friends, etc. I know not everyone is going to be pleased with some of the winners, and I understand that. Don't focus on that too much. Accentuate the positive.

No matter what happens, everyone have lots of fun tonight. That's an order!

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1235316132
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”