BAFTAS

mashari
Temp

Post by mashari »

Penelope wrote:Sharon Stone is my hero. If she can get a man 26 years younger than her, then so can I!
Stone still looks awesome!
"The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes... only sooner."--Tallulah Bankhead
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Reza wrote:I read somewhere that Patel is dating his Slumdog co-star Frieda Pinto.
Patel has excellent taste!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2951768/mediaindex
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Sharon Stone is my hero. If she can get a man 26 years younger than her, then so can I!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Cinemanolis wrote:Stone Sets Sights On Slumdog Star Patel
10 February 2009 4:00 AM, PST

Sharon Stone is on the lookout for a new toyboy - the Hollywood actress made a play for Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards on Sunday.Stone, 50, reportedly dated 24-year-old Chase Dreyfous last year before their relationship cooled.

And Stone proved she is keen on another young man - after the Basic Instinct star flirted with newcomer Patel, 18, on the red carpet at the prestigious film event.

He says, "Sharon's great, she's been flirting with me all night. She was chasing me around earlier, slapping me. Sharon Stone! Can you believe it?"

from IMDB

LOL. She is officially out of control.
I read somewhere that Patel is dating his Slumdog co-star Frieda Pinto.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Stone Sets Sights On Slumdog Star Patel
10 February 2009 4:00 AM, PST

Sharon Stone is on the lookout for a new toyboy - the Hollywood actress made a play for Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards on Sunday.Stone, 50, reportedly dated 24-year-old Chase Dreyfous last year before their relationship cooled.

And Stone proved she is keen on another young man - after the Basic Instinct star flirted with newcomer Patel, 18, on the red carpet at the prestigious film event.

He says, "Sharon's great, she's been flirting with me all night. She was chasing me around earlier, slapping me. Sharon Stone! Can you believe it?"

from IMDB

LOL. She is officially out of control.

Edited By Cinemanolis on 1234270090
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Sonic Youth wrote:When you root for a sure thing, you can't get the possibility out of your head that it's going to lose anyway. How many people refused to accept Scorsese and "The Departed" were going to win until it finally happened? But only when you're looking forward to a sure thing winning (I call these sorts 'philistines') does the race seem boring.
Granted, one man's sure thing is another man's nail-biter -- in the way a 1-run lead in the 9th can seem overwhelming to the trailing team, but paper-thin to the defenders. I sat through the '96 awards expecting all night that my beloved English Patient would be nipped by Shine or something -- while non-fan friends groaned and yawned at every award.

But, really, I think after GG/SAG/DGA/PGA/WGA/BAFTA, it's hard to see Slumdog as anything but the second coming of Return of the King, and we all remember how exciting THAT was.

The sad part is, I really don't dislike Slumdog -- or, at least, I don't like any other nominee so much more that I'd be thrilled by an upset. I'm just getting irked by the juggernaut-ness of it.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Big Magilla wrote:Goldie the absolute worst. I think if I saw her coming I'd run in the opposite direction. She looks, sounds and acts positively scary.
Yes I saw her being interviewed on the red carpet. What a grotesque sight. Face lifts and cosmetic surgery was created for people like her. She despartely needs to get under the knife...or forever stay away from public outings.
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

How does Goldie Hawn keep getting a presenting gig at the BAFTAS?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sonic Youth wrote:Mick Jagger should host next year's show.

And Goldie Hawn has been drinking from Elizabeth Taylor's sippy-cup.
I agree. Jagger was the best presenter, Goldie the absolute worst. I think if I saw her coming I'd run in the opposite direction. She looks, sounds and acts positively scary.

Best speech: Danny Boyle.
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

The Original BJ wrote:
Reza wrote:SHORT ANIMATION
"Wallace And Gromit: A Matter of Loaf And Death" - Steve Pegram / Nick Park / Bob Baker

There is another Wallace & Gromit short!!!!

I need to see this NOW.
It was shown on TV in Australia & the UK in December so it should he easy to find.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Mick Jagger should host next year's show.

And Goldie Hawn has been drinking from Elizabeth Taylor's sippy-cup.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:Sharon Stone is a complete trainwreck. She looks like her own Madame Toussad's wax statue.
Really? I thought she looked nice for a change on the red carpet. However, I never got round to watching the awards when she presented. Maybe too much vodka between the carpet and the podium!!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

That host is just awful. I wish they'd get Stephen Fry back.

Only the occasional shots of Robert Downey, Jr., who I seem to have developed the hugest crush on as of late, saved this from being an utterly boring evening. Like Tee, I fear that this will be a preview of the Oscars with Slumdog winning everything in sight. I'm already dreading it.

Sharon Stone is a complete trainwreck. She looks like her own Madame Toussad's wax statue.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

I was very excited.

When you root for a sure thing, you can't get the possibility out of your head that it's going to lose anyway. How many people refused to accept Scorsese and "The Departed" were going to win until it finally happened? But only when you're looking forward to a sure thing winning (I call these sorts 'philistines') does the race seem boring.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

When Slumdog won sound, I settled in for a dull evening. As time went on, I developed the fear they were going to foretell the Oscars in ever detail. Happily, In Bruges winning screenplay broke the spell, and maybe Mickey Rourke as well.

For anyone watching who'd seen I've Loved You So Long -- is that cute little dickens from the movie the director's daughter?

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”