Supporting Actress, The Push Is On

jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

flipp525 wrote:Clearly, you do since you're so desperate to keep making yourself relevant:

Well you'll notice I listed exceptions in parentheses -- a few people whose posts were always worth reading, and even now, despite how they might feel about me -- and of course, you aren't among them.

flipp525 wrote:And I don't have to legitimize my intelligence to you. It's there in spades.

HA! When I was a million different people on this board -- and obviously privately corresponding with a few members -- trust me when I say that a few of them shared with me the fact that they found you unintelligent, insipid, and superficial (not to mention seeing through your constant name-dropping). You can call me crazy and every other insulting/racist thing that springs to your mind, you can hold your private Town Hall meetings about me, and you can laugh and scoff and cast aspersions and take pleasure in my misfortunes, but who I am and what I've done doesn't change this fact about YOU and how some of your own board members feel about YOU. They won't say it to your face of course, and I'm sure even now some will rush to comfort you in that cowardly, private thread about me, to assure you that no one thinks (or said) these things about you. But believe me, they did...and they still do.
jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

flipp525 wrote:fooling everyone into thinking you're now sane and lucid, pleading with Marco on instant message to let you back into his life.

What could you possibly know about my mental state now or the people in my life? Are you saying it's impossible for someone to get help, get better, atone for past mistakes etc? Maybe you are, and if so, then that's your shortcoming and narrow-sightedness. Not mine. It's also proof that you learn nothing from the kinds of films you claim to love.

And none of this changes anything about your intelligence (or lack thereof), your latent racism, or your own (clearly) issues with your body and dominant-culture notions of beauty etc.

And I have not "pleaded with Marco to let me back into his life" and I don't believe this is how he would frame our interactions. This is your interpretation -- again -- of something you are not privy to. Stick to labeling every actress as "transcendent." At least that's something you know how to do.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

jsmalahy wrote:
flipp525 wrote:And your credibility on this board is, well, next to nothing. Shouldn't you be out working off some sort of exorbitant debt?

As if the esteem of this board is something one should care so fondly about

Clearly, you do since you're so desperate to keep making yourself relevant: creating fake personas just so you'll be accepted, fooling everyone into thinking you're now sane and lucid, pleading with Marco on instant message to let you back into his life. You're the most pathetic little thing I've ever encountered. Truly.

And I don't have to legitimize my intelligence to you. It's there in spades.

And, make no mistake about it: this discussion is certainly NOT about Dreamgirls.

Edited By flipp525 on 1232899844
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

Reza wrote:We really DO have means to be bored on our own.
No arguments here. Judging from some of the posts, you guys have no problem meeting that objective.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

jsmalahy wrote:
flipp525 wrote:And your credibility on this board is, well, next to nothing. Shouldn't you be out working off some sort of exorbitant debt?

As if the esteem of this board is something one should care so fondly about

That alone should make you want to dissapear from this Board...forever. But you keep coming back. For what??? We really DO have means to be bored on our own. Just don't require YOU to give us yet another reason.

So scat!!

Edited By Reza on 1232897552
jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

As if the esteem of this board is something one should care so fondly about (well ok, there are a few: Marco, Damien, Sabin, Eric, Johnny Guitar, Uri, and even my arch nemesis Sonic Youth, for example, are always worth reading, even if they despise me now). But of course YOU think it is worth something which is why you say this. It's interesting too that you can be so smug when you've never posted anything truly interesting, intelligent or analytical in the entire time you've been on this board (aside from saying that you find this actress or that actress "transcendent" of course) and instead you've found time to post racist comments, negative comments about "twinks", negative comments about people (and body types) who don't ratify the established paradigm of white beauty that you prioritize etc. I have made some terrible mistakes and decisions in my life, but are you really so perfect?

And furthermore what does "credibility", or my personal life, have to do with the particular merits of a film, or with the fact -- and it is FACT -- that many of you were calling Dreamgirls a masterpiece, even before it was released?
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:
jsmalahy wrote:
Big Magilla wrote:She waged a big one on behalf of Dreamgirls that backfired.

So did the majority of this board. So let's not pretend most of your tastes are that much higher than Oprah.

And your credibility on this board is, well, next to nothing. Shouldn't you be out working off some sort of exorbitant debt?
Flipp you keep making my day over and over again!!

LOL.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

jsmalahy wrote:

So did the majority of this board. So let's not pretend most of your tastes are that much higher than Oprah.
And your credibility on this board is, well, next to nothing. Shouldn't you be out working off some sort of exorbitant debt?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

jsmalahy wrote:

And who might you be?? Haven't been introduced to you yet.
jsmalahy
Graduate

Post by jsmalahy »

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

I'm just surprised you guys follow Oprah's moves so intently.
paperboy
Temp

Post by paperboy »

Let's not forget she almost had an orgasm over Australia.

Edited By paperboy on 1232844518
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

HarryGoldfarb wrote:
Big Magilla wrote:What Oprah wants, Oprah get at the Oscars? No, not since Crash.

But that might be enough... Not only she was unsufferably happy after Crash victory, but if I remember right, she was very enthusiastic and very outspoken in favor of Crash during the campaign. And even if nobody saw it coming, she was actually right in the end. That's quite a precedent...

Besides, what other campaign has she done after Crash? Forest Whitaker? Jennifer Hudson?... Dee last year? (who almost got the award after seccesfully grab the SAG!)
She waged a big one on behalf of Dreamgirls that backfired.
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

HarryGoldfarb wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:And proving further she had no hard feelings, Winfrey added, "When I filled out my nomination ballot, you were the first person I put on the ballot."

In the case she invites Taraji, what would she say? "You were my 2nd choice while filling my ballot"?
LOL :D
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

OscarGuy wrote:And proving further she had no hard feelings, Winfrey added, "When I filled out my nomination ballot, you were the first person I put on the ballot."
In the case she invites Taraji, what would she say? "You were my 2nd choice while filling my ballot"?
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”