Honorary Award Discussion (was C. Plummer...)

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

It's been a while since they've given a Thalberg award. I would think they would do it this year.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Damien wrote:There will not be a Lifetime Achievement Award this year. Jerry's Hersholt will be the only Honorary Oscar.
Shit.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

There will not be a Lifetime Achievement Award this year. Jerry's Hersholt will be the only Honorary Oscar.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Angela Lansbury
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Another one could be Julie Andrews.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Damien wrote:Funnily enough Snick, this morning it occurred to me that since Doris Day won't leave Carmel, Debbie Reynolds would be an excellent choice.

In that case she could easily receive it staying at home as Myrna Loy did some years ago.

Edited By Hustler on 1229270905
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

Damien wrote:What an awesome idea!
I'm glad you like the idea, Damien. Of course I somehow forgot at least one major name I shouldn't have: Alain Resnais.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Damien wrote:
rain Bard wrote:They should give it to Jean-Luc Godard, Agnes Varda, Jacques Rivette, Chris Marker, Eric Rohmer, and Claude Chabrol in a many-faceted tribute to the (roughly) 50 years that the French New Wave has been around and influencing Hollywood.

What an awesome idea!

Wishful thinking!

They will probably give it to Harrison Ford.

Edited By Reza on 1227586670
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Actually Plummer would not be a bad idea at all.

He was superb in the recent straight to dvd release Emotional Arithmetic where he acts circles around Susan Sarandon, Max Von Sydow and Gabriel Byrne simply by underplaying.

Edited By Reza on 1227586723
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

rain Bard wrote:They should give it to Jean-Luc Godard, Agnes Varda, Jacques Rivette, Chris Marker, Eric Rohmer, and Claude Chabrol in a many-faceted tribute to the (roughly) 50 years that the French New Wave has been around and influencing Hollywood.
What an awesome idea!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

They should give it to Jean-Luc Godard, Agnes Varda, Jacques Rivette, Chris Marker, Eric Rohmer, and Claude Chabrol in a many-faceted tribute to the (roughly) 50 years that the French New Wave has been around and influencing Hollywood.

Or Debbie Reynolds would be cool too.
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

Sabin wrote:I could be wrong but I have a theory that this year's Oscars will be the most watched since 2005's and the best produced in ages.
I ve got the same feeling...
I hope we're right
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I could be wrong but I have a theory that this year's Oscars will be the most watched since 2005's and the best produced in ages.
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Christopher Plummer? Good actor, but more of the theatre and he's scarcely had an Honorary Oscar career.

Funnily enough Snick, this morning it occurred to me that since Doris Day won't leave Carmel, Debbie Reynolds would be an excellent choice.
dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

Big Magilla wrote:Christopher Plummer would be an excellent choice.
Agree! Go, Chris!

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”