Online Film & Television Association Nominations

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

anonymous wrote:
Reza wrote:Who vote for these awards?

Members of the OFTA. I'm one of them.
And so is Reza, I believe. He was being facetious.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

ITALIANO wrote:To me, the difference between a serious award group and a, let's say, less serious one, is the Kate Winslet potential-double-nomination issue. The Oscars and the BAFTA solved it one way, the Globes and these made another choice.
The year's greatest conflict.

I've said all along that Winslet's performance n The Reader was the year's best female performance, but went back and forth over her placement many times until Oscar sorted it out.

Se the movie before you judge which groups were more right, it really could have gone either way.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Reza wrote:Who vote for these awards?

Members of the OFTA. I'm one of them.

I have to say I'm often frustrated voting for these awards because every time they roll around, I have only seen VERY few of the "Oscar" films and only a handful of films period so my ballot is filled with either Dark Knight, WALL-E or Benjamin Button with an odd Burn After Reading and Iron Man.

Edited By anonymous on 1232892370
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Who votes for these awards?

Edited By Reza on 1232894817
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I will tell you this. There were a large number of votes in both categories. However, she earned the nod in Supporting. And it's a matter of opinion whether her role is lead or supporting and while many would say it's lead, others would say it's supporting, so it's a matter of personal opinion and should not be a negative reflection on the body as a whole.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

To me, the difference between a serious award group and a, let's say, less serious one, is the Kate Winslet potential-double-nomination issue. The Oscars and the BAFTA solved it one way, the Globes and these made another choice.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The 13th Annual nominations have been announced and you can find them below:

http://www.oscarguy.com/ofta/Awards/Film/2008.html
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”