GG: Supporting Actor

dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

I don't see them not giving it to him...one there isn't anyone else that he is really competing with...it would have to be a gay harden type surprise winner and i don't see that happening with a frontrunner like ledger. Plus his performance was so darn good and they have been giving these awards to the best performances recently...at least in the male catorgory's.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Yeah. he got another Standing Ovation. And that's the basis of why I think he will win. This makes two shows in a row he's gotten one. And at this point, with such strong sentiment going his way, Academy voters would be hard-pressed to NOT vote for him for fear of being labeled insensitive.

And, Nolan accepted again.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Based on what? on this?

Brokeback Mountain also won here... remember?

The AA are going to upset us in one way or another. In recent years they have specialized on surprises, in things we haven't seen coming, weather they are good or not. I'm not saying is going to be here but if they do so, I will try not to be surprised.
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Was it another standing ovation? Who collected the award?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Ok. I think I'm convinced. Heath Ledger will have a posthumous Oscar.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
Wesley Lovell

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”