MTV Movie Award Winners

FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

It's a Monday.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Oh, aren't we all anal this morning?
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Zahveed wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:Well, if this doesn't confirm that the film was poorly conceived, poorly directed and conveyed a completely-misunderstood story, the character of Sweeney Todd is considered a villain?......could they have been any more stupid.

They haven't brought about the Best Anti-hero category yet. I guess villain will have to do.
I really liked the fight choreography in Indiana Jones. Since the Academy doesn't have a category yet for fight choreography, can we nominate the fight choreographer for Best Visual Effects? It's pretty much the same thing, isn't it?
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Zahveed wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:Well, if this doesn't confirm that the film was poorly conceived, poorly directed and conveyed a completely-misunderstood story, the character of Sweeney Todd is considered a villain?......could they have been any more stupid.

They haven't brought about the Best Anti-hero category yet. I guess villain will have to do.
Just because there isn't a category for something doesn't mean you have to put it where it doesn't belong.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

So sad for Amy Ryan... she couldn't even score here! :)
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Well, if this doesn't confirm that the film was poorly conceived, poorly directed and conveyed a completely-misunderstood story, the character of Sweeney Todd is considered a villain?......could they have been any more stupid.

The full list of winners is as follows:

Best Female Performance - Ellen Page in Juno

Best Male Performance - Will Smith in I Am Legend

Best Movie - Transformers

Best Summer Movie So Far - Iron Man

Breakthrough Performance - Zac Efron in Hairspray

Best Fight - Sean Faris and Cam Gigandet in Never Back Down

Best Comedic Performance - Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean:

Best Villain - Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd

Best Kiss - Briana Evigan and Robert Hoffman in Step Up.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “81st and Other 9th Decade Discussions”