The Soloist

dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

I think the film is to receive no oscar nominations...
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

The trailer is finally released on YouTube.

Now I can see why Downey Jr. might like to be campaigned for Best Actor instead of supporting.

Having seen the trailer, I'm still not sure if either Foxx or Downey Jr. can get nominated. But then, if Will Smith can be nominated for a similar inspirational-themed film, The Pursuit of Happyness, maybe Foxx does have a chance. And if Downey Jr. is willing to slum it out in the supporting category, looks like he has a chance too.

But one thing which I can conclude from the trailer is that Keener is most likely NOT gonna make another trip to the Oscars with this film.
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's a Walt Disney movie (sounds like). What would you expect? You sell your soul and good taste out to make movies for Disney.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Hustler wrote:For those who loved Atonement, Jo Wright is now filming The Soloist with Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Foxx and Catherine Keener. It´s about a schizophrenic, homeless musician from Skid Row, Los Angeles dreams of playing at Walt Disney Concert Hall.

this sounds like a plot description someone would write lampooning the type of oscar-bait films about real people with disabilities. :p i went from thinking joe wright was a hack with PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, to thinking he had some talent with ATONEMENT, and now i am back to thinking he is a hack. :angry:
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

She also wrote In Her Shoes among many others. I don´t think that her previous work could damage a film in process of being filmed.
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Written by Susannah Grant of Erin Brockovich fame. Doesn't look very promising.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

For those who loved Atonement, Jo Wright is now filming The Soloist with Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Foxx and Catherine Keener. It´s about a schizophrenic, homeless musician from Skid Row, Los Angeles dreams of playing at Walt Disney Concert Hall.

Edited By Hustler on 1202067474

Return to “2008”