No votes
1/2 *
No votes
7%

Total votes: 14

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

From the rumor/speculation I've heard, it's a Cthulhu-esque monster without the origin of a Cthulhoid.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Zahveed wrote:The viral campaign for this film is about as insane as The Dark Knight's. I just want to know what the hell the creature is... Godzilla?
Quite obviously, it's Hilary Swank.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

The viral campaign for this film is about as insane as The Dark Knight's. I just want to know what the hell the creature is... Godzilla?
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Since I think this one might be huge, I'll start a topic. This is a magnificently composed shot. The background advertising fits perfectly.

Pic from Cloverfield

Edited By OscarGuy on 1200369178
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Someone over at Chaosium publishing has suggested the film may be a Lovecraftian tale based in the Cthulhu mythos. Cthulhu's never been an overt entity, so I'm doubting that's the case.

This will either be another Blair Witch Project or another Snakes on a Plane. They were both building similar buzz early. A lot will depend on the next preview and the information that is eventually leaked, but let's not give Abrams too much credit. He's not a very interesting director and I'm doubtful his Star Trek prequel's going to be able to live up to expectations. So, caution is urged.
Wesley Lovell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Has anyone been following all the buzz surrounding the new untitled J.J. Abrams monster movie? The teaser trailer was pretty spectacular (maybe the best teaser trailer I've ever seen), and Abrams and Co. are putting together what is possibly the most intriguing viral marketing campaign ever. Anyway, so far the only thing known about the movie is that it comes out on January 18, 2008, it takes place at night in New York City, and Paramount is referring to it as "Cloverfield" even though that's not the official title.

So far, there's only one website ( http://www.1-18-08.com/ ) and Paramount has finally released the trailer online ( http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/ ). J.J. Abrams has also said that there are more websites out there that haven't been found yet.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “2008”