Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Columbus returning to director's chair?

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

He isn't exactly unattractive, but I'm more in the Ryan Phillippe/Josh Hartnett camp.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

criddic3 wrote:Didn't Daniel Radcliffe just recently appear on the London stage in the nude?

Ok...I just vomitted.

There are very few things in this world that are completely sexless, bereft of any charisma, and completely lacking in any kind of visceral appeal.

Daniel Radcliff is one of them.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Isn't he 17? He's legal in New York. Anyway, still too young for me. But that doesn't make it any less interesting to wonder. After all, doesn't he have to be a certain age to agree to appear nude in public?
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

In fairness, Dan's completely legal in England.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

criddic3 wrote:I'm such a pervert!! :p
Actually, you're a chickenhawk in both senses of the word. :p
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Oh. Think it'll be brought to Broadway? Haha. One can hope, though. He's not the most attractive actor out there, but I wouldn't mind seeing this change-of-pace moment. It certainly would be strange to know what Harry Potter's -ahem- strengths (if it were a shortcoming, I don't think he'd do it) were. I'm such a pervert!! :p
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

criddic3 wrote:
Quote (anonymous @ Oct. 24 2006,03:57)
It is we who will watch the movies, Damien. Gay senior citizens aren't exacty Harry Potter's target audience.

Damien:
Next time I see a gay senior citizen I'll let him know. But then again 20 somethings aren't the target audience either, unless they like watching teenage boys.

Didn't Daniel Radcliffe just recently appear on the London stage in the nude?
Not yet. He'll do that early next year.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Quote (anonymous @ Oct. 24 2006,03:57)
It is we who will watch the movies, Damien. Gay senior citizens aren't exacty Harry Potter's target audience.

Damien:
Next time I see a gay senior citizen I'll let him know. But then again 20 somethings aren't the target audience either, unless they like watching teenage boys.

Didn't Daniel Radcliffe just recently appear on the London stage in the nude?
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

I got Harry Fever when the fourth book was released back in 2000 when I myself was a wee teenager. As long as Columbus isn't back directing with his snoozefest techniques, I'm pumped for all the movies. Maybe Clint Eastwood could try his hand at one installment?
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

MovieWes wrote:Wasn't Columbus a producer on Prisoner of Azkaban? If he comes back, maybe that's all his role will be.

I think he's largely only a producer by title though. He was there just to get the kids adjusted to a new director.

Damien - What Oscar Guy said is true. I have more than a few friends my age (and older) who love Harry Potter (the books, at least) sometimes even more than I do and not just because they like ogling at teenagers. :p

Fortunately for me, I got into Harry Potter just before the phenomenon truly exploded. I've become a fan way before the first movie called the first shots.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Actually, Damien, the target audience has grown from when it was initially released. It has become a pop culture phenomenon and I know plenty of twenty- and thirty-somethings who love the book series.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

anonymous wrote:It is we who will watch the movies, Damien. Gay senior citizens aren't exacty Harry Potter's target audience. :p :;):

Next time I see a gay senior citizen I'll let him know. But then again 20 somethings aren't the target audience either, unless they like watching teenage boys. :p
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

A nap's a nap, people.
"How's the despair?"
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Wasn't Columbus a producer on Prisoner of Azkaban? If he comes back, maybe that's all his role will be.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I meant nervous in the sense that Columbus is not known for doing dark stories. But since I liked the first two Harry Potter movies, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Return to “2008”