Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Columbus returning to director's chair?

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Jim20 wrote:It's a double two week issue...its still on the stands.
Thanks.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Jim20
Temp

Post by Jim20 »

It's a double two week issue...its still on the stands.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Is this issue of EW still on the market?
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

Harry Potter was pushed back to give the impression Warner had two big years in a row?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Warner's full of idiots anyway.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

But you'd think someone within the company would have tipped them off to hold off the cover; I don't think the decision was made in a day.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The decision to shift release dates was made after the mag went to press...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Good thing EW is owned by Time-Warner! At least the bad blood will be within the company rather than between 2 companies!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The E.W. editors must have egg on their faces - their annual Fall Movie Preview is out with a cover story on the Harry Potter movie.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

anonymous wrote:
MovieWes wrote:Its release date has been moved back to July 27, 2009. I wonder why they moved it.

It doesn't make much sense. They have far less competition in the fall than in the summer.
I´ve read somewhere that the change was caused by the guild´s strike.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Pretty sad when the only movie I'm remotely interested in seeing is a remake of Piranha.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Wow, next summer looks horrid.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

anonymous wrote:On hindsight though, it might be a wise move. This fall, HBP has more competition with the new Bond movie and the big Oscar-bait/family themed Christmas releases.

While the biggest competition HBP will have during Summer of '09 are Land of the Lost and the G.I. Joe movie.
summer 2009

May 1
- Hannah Montana
- Wolverine

May 8
- Star Trek

May 15
- Angels & Demons
- Bruno

May 22
- Night at the Museum 2
- Terminator Salvation

May 29
- Up (pixar)

June 5
- Fast and Furious (hollywood is now remaking popular u.s. films less than a decade old)

June 12
- The A-Team

June 26
- Transformers 2

July 1
- Ice Age 3
- Public Enemies

July 10
- 2012 (roland emmerich)

July 17
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Land of the Lost

July 24
- G-Force
- Piranha (a potentially so-bad-its-good remake)

July 31
- The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3

August 7
- G.I. Joe

August 14
- Final Destination 4

once again may is completely overwhelmed with big movies which will end up screwing each other over by releasing consecutively. i guess warner bros. hopes to strike gold twice by releasing a big movie at the end of summer.

in the end though, i have heard they made this move less for the benefit of HALF-BLOOD PRINCE and more for their image to investors.
apparently, since they have made more money than god with THE DARK KNIGHT this year, it behooves them to save their other big movie for next year. this way it looks like they had two really great years in a row, rather than one incredible year and a relatively smaller year right after.

once again, warner bros proving what greedy bastards they are.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

anonymous wrote:Well, somebody needs a blow job. :p
My guess is Sabin's attitude actually came form him just getting one; and, he was in pain from throwing his back out.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Sabin wrote:FUCK!!!

God, how am I going to function now that the same fucking movie I've seen five times before isn't going to be released immediately? That's it. I'm becoming a tranny. I'm chopping my dick off because there's no point in being a man if I can't see a new/exactly the same 'Harry Potter' movie RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!
You really know how to blow your own sarcasm out of proportion.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."

Return to “2008”