Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Columbus returning to director's chair?

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Sabin wrote:FUCK!!!

God, how am I going to function now that the same fucking movie I've seen five times before isn't going to be released immediately? That's it. I'm becoming a tranny. I'm chopping my dick off because there's no point in being a man if I can't see a new/exactly the same 'Harry Potter' movie RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!
Well, somebody needs a blow job. :p

On hindsight though, it might be a wise move. This fall, HBP has more competition with the new Bond movie and the big Oscar-bait/family themed Christmas releases.

While the biggest competition HBP will have during Summer of '09 are Land of the Lost and the G.I. Joe movie.
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

anonymous wrote:
MovieWes wrote:Its release date has been moved back to July 27, 2009. I wonder why they moved it.

It doesn't make much sense. They have far less competition in the fall than in the summer.
I bet summer releases are better for eventual DVD sales; put the DVD out a few months before Christmas for a title like this and I bet it does a lot better than a Spring DVD release for a high-profile (but not particularly Oscar-worthy) Winter release.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

FUCK!!!

God, how am I going to function now that the same fucking movie I've seen five times before isn't going to be released immediately?

[Transgendered line potentially offensive and ultimately deemed not funny, thusly removed. Not in any way discouraged by outside sources because there have yet to be any complaints. Hearty apologies.]

Edited By Sabin on 1218816179
"How's the despair?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

MovieWes wrote:Its release date has been moved back to July 27, 2009. I wonder why they moved it.
It doesn't make much sense. They have far less competition in the fall than in the summer.
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Its release date has been moved back to July 27, 2009. I wonder why they moved it.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Looks good. The Tom Riddle backstory looks well executed imo.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

The trailer.

Looks pretty good.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

I'm with Sabin, a nap's a nap.

Especially if someone more attractive than Radcliffe is napping beside you.
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Broadbent is Slughorn in Harry Potter 6
Source: September 18, 2007

In an interview with Dark Horizons, actor Jim Broadbent revealed who he will play in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which started filming on Monday for a November 21, 2008 release. Here's a clip from the interview:

Who am I? He's called Horace Slughorn. He's a retired teacher of magic who's drawn back out of retirement because he's got some secrets they need in the battle against the Death Eaters and he's quite star struck as a teacher and he's drawn back into the fold because he likes to notch up celebrity students, and he's drawn back by Harry.

He talks a bit more about the character, as well as his role in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, at the link above.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

OscarGuy wrote:Not until the fourth film did he really grow into any form of masculinity. I think he's probably going to be one of those actors that, like Hugh Grant, isn't the classic sense of beauty but has admirers all the same.
I actually think he's kind of cute, but I don't know a lot of people who would think of him when asked what movie stars they'd like to date or even see naked.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Naomi Watts has been cast.

Along with Joseph Fiennes and Stuart Townsend. Naomi will play Narcissa Malfoy, Draco's mom. It's a small part (5, 6 minutes tops) but acting chops is required since it's a pretty pivotal part. Many HP fans rank the chapter where she appears as their favorites.

David Yates is returning to the director's chair too.

*edit*

Report says that the above casting news is false. Nothing official yet.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Now, the rumor is that Michael Hoffman (the director of Restoration and Soapdish) is a leading candidate for the director's chair.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Not until the fourth film did he really grow into any form of masculinity. I think he's probably going to be one of those actors that, like Hugh Grant, isn't the classic sense of beauty but has admirers all the same.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Really, anonymous? You know that many people who have crushes on Radcliffe?
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Akash wrote:
criddic3 wrote:Didn't Daniel Radcliffe just recently appear on the London stage in the nude?

Ok...I just vomitted.

There are very few things in this world that are completely sexless, bereft of any charisma, and completely lacking in any kind of visceral appeal.

Daniel Radcliff is one of them.
I know quite a few people who will bite your head off with that statement.

Return to “2008”