Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Zahveed wrote:
criddic3 wrote:
flipp525 wrote:I don't mind the title, but it does make me think of Greyskull, Skeletor and He-Man. Sorry, I'm a child of the 80's. I used to have all the figurines.

And, Hustler, I'm psyched to see Karen Allen again, too. A positively lovely actress who was great in Scrooged, Starman as well as in her Oscar-worthy turn in The Glass Menagerie.

I had the toys, too! We have something in common.

I was soooo disappointed when the movie version bombed. What a horrible movie!

Criddic, it's a very different story if you had the He-Man figurines.

I was just making the point that I grew up in the 1980's, too. Half of my childhood was the 1980s. Come to think of it, just about all of my childhood was that decade. I was a teenager in the 1990s.

Edited By criddic3 on 1206231776
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:And, Hustler, I'm psyched to see Karen Allen again, too. A positively lovely actress who was great in Scrooged, Starman as well as in her Oscar-worthy turn in The Glass Menagerie.
A still from the film in Empire magazine shows her looking quite overweight.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

criddic3 wrote:
flipp525 wrote:I don't mind the title, but it does make me think of Greyskull, Skeletor and He-Man. Sorry, I'm a child of the 80's. I used to have all the figurines.

And, Hustler, I'm psyched to see Karen Allen again, too. A positively lovely actress who was great in Scrooged, Starman as well as in her Oscar-worthy turn in The Glass Menagerie.

Criddic, it's a very different story if you had the He-Man figurines.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

---
Oscarguy, the theme for the Superman movie still excites me when it plays and was one of the best things about the Bryan Singer version.

Edited By criddic3 on 1206120078
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Considering the trailer, I'm not all that excited. The least they could have done was remaster the theme so that it sounded new, not like some hack reject from the '80s. The theme is one of the classics, but it doesn't have the same feel as the star wars theme did when the new SW movies came out...and it should. I should be excited when I hear the theme, but I'm not.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I don't mind the title, but it does make me think of Greyskull, Skeletor and He-Man. Sorry, I'm a child of the 80's. I used to have all the figurines.

"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Temple of Doom sounds kind of ridiculous if you think about.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I'm actually getting kind of used to the title. It's not really that bad. Hope the movie is good.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I can´t wait to see again Karen Allen.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I can't wait! Love Indy! Cate Blanchett looks fucking bad-ass, too.

Edited By flipp525 on 1203128758
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

rolotomasi99 wrote:wow! it looks like spielberg has been influenced by movies like THE TRANSPORTER and SHOOT EM UP.
Well, Spielberg did produce Transformers after all, lol.

That being said, I think this looks like a good movie.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

criddic3 wrote:Your balls did what? ???

Shat on a Republican.

And speaking of balls, this bad Indiana Jones title is still second to the all time worst: Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever starring Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu.

Hey, we should start a thread for worst titles ever. Unless you guys already did that before I came to this board OVER ONE YEAR AGO (my god! How have I been around you people this long??) -- in which case I'll just go shit my balls on a Republican instead.

Edited By Akash on 1203108984
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

MovieWes wrote:The teaser trailer
wow! it looks like spielberg has been influenced by movies like THE TRANSPORTER and SHOOT EM UP.

indy was not this agile when he was in his forties, but it looks particularly ridiculous with him pushing 90 (or however old harrison ford is).

cate blanchett is a goddess! i love her playing a villain. will probably be the only reason i even see the movie.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

What a ridiculous title.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “2008”