The Holy Road (Dances with Wolves 2) - Sequel to be directed by Simon Wincer

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Actually it surprises me that Costner wasn't approached to direct the film. He won an Oscar, after all, for the first.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

I wonder if any of the original cast is returning. I really don't like Kevin Costner, but I can't imagine anyone else playing Dunbar (unless his character doesn't even factor into the sequel, which would be even better).
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Wincer Helming Dances With Wolves Sequel

Source: Variety November 1, 2007

Simon Wincer has signed on to direct The Holy Road -- a sequel to Dances With Wolves -- for Moonstone, Amicus Entertainment and Double Eagle Films.

Variety says the script was penned by Michael Blake, who wrote the screenplay for "Wolves" as well as the two novels on which the two films are based.

The story picks up 11 years after "Wolves" as the Comanche tribe is in steady decline and the threat of white settlers looms. The title "Holy Road" refers to the transcontinental railroad, which is a symbol of the clash of civilizations.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “2008”