One last "Star Wars" movie in theaters this summer - This time it's animated

Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Dude, you know a lot about Lucas and Star Wars for someone who hates both. I mean, I despise them too, but I can barely remember the titles for each one.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

No, he didn't, Wes! That's a lie that he has propagated to obnoxious effect. He didn't know what he had with the first Star Wars at all. Han Solo was two different characters among other episodic no-no's. Coppola had to give him The Hero's Journey and say READ IT, SPECIAL! and Lucas was so blown away by how easy it is to utilize structuring techniques that he's been making and remaking and extending and improving the same movie for thirty years. There were never three separate trilogies in the Star Wars saga from the beginning. That's not true. That's a myth designed to cover-up the most accidental fingerprint on film in cinematic history.
"How's the despair?"
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Steph2 wrote:And Sabin, he's not a retard. He's "special."
No, special people warrant medical attention and care. They are accepted in society. If you look at the Grid of Humanity it's plain to see retards aren't real people since political correctness implies it so, much like midgets. (At least in the eyes of Sabin I assume) I guess you could say they are distant cousins.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

well, he always said that there were three trilogies originally planned for the SAGA. So, I'm sure he'll eventually reverse his decision to not do Episodes VII, VIII and IX in the next 10 years or so. I think he just likes to think he's still relevant...and to bilk money out of all those Star Wars fans who are the biggest suckers in the world.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

What mid-life crisis? He's 63 years old, is he going to live to be 126? How many "just one more" episodes can he fit into that kind of a life span?
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Noooooo!! No more Star Wars films please! They just keep getting worse and worse!

And Sabin, he's not a retard. He's "special."
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Would somebody kill this retard and put him out of his misery?

'There's still so much more story to tell...'

THIRTY FUCKING YEARS OF THIS OVERRATED HORSESHIT! And he's still not done yet? George Lucas isn't having a mid-life crisis...he IS a mid-life crisis. His movies are a generic miasma of more competent but equally nonsensical horseshit. I love it when movies push the boundaries of what can be seen on the screen but these movies are butt ugly and butt stupid. Take a long vacation off the short bridge over a volcano, Chinless...
"How's the despair?"
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

As I've mentioned before, I grew up on Star Wars and still have great affection for the first two films made. But I'm going to get a lot of satisfaction out of skipping this one. Wish I'd had the sense back in 2005 to do that with Revenge of the Sith, which I felt was in no measurable way better than the other two abominable prequels.

I will, however, be glad to take a gander at George's long-rumored "experimental" films when he ever gets around to making them. After they premiere at the New York Film Festival's "Views From the Avant-Garde", maybe they'll play locally at SF Cinematheque, or perhaps Artists' Television Access. Or the Ann Arbor Film Festival could take them as part of their touring package.

Yeah right.

Edited By rain Bard on 1202977720
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

All Reuters Movie News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters
Tuesday February 12 3:56 PM ET

He said "Revenge of the Sith" would be his final "Star Wars" film, but creator George Lucas is taking another shot at silver screens with the animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" in movie theaters in August.

Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Warner Bros. film studio said on Tuesday they would release the movie on August 15, ahead of the fall debut of an animated TV series of the same name on cable television's Cartoon Network and TNT.

"I felt there were a lot more 'Star Wars' stories left to tell," Lucas said in a statement. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

The six-film "Star Wars" series is one of Hollywood's most lucrative franchises. It started with the initial "Star Wars" in 1977 and ended with 2005's "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith."

At the time of "Sith," Lucas said he would not make another "Star Wars" movie, but has said he was in development on the animated TV show. In fact, Lucas told Reuters he thought he might go back to making artistic films, although he never said exactly what he had on his mind.

The "Star Wars" movies tell about battles for intergalactic superiority in space, and "Clone Wars" promises more of the same stories -- only in animation. Key characters such as Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala will be joined by new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.

Lucasfilm said each episode on TV would be like a 30-minute "mini-movie" with Jedi Knights battling villains such as Count Dooku and General Grievous.

Also on Tuesday, Lucas' company began showing "web-only documentaries" telling of the development of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" on the Web site starwars.com.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “2008”