3D Concert Films

kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

I took my thirteen year old daughter and one of her friends to see the Hannah Montana 3D concert film today. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Miley Cyrus strikes me as a delightful centered kid who is having a lot of fun while working hard. And I have a favorable impression of her family and the others around her. I hope my impressions are accurate.

One of the trailers shown before the film was for a U2 3D concert film coming out later this year. I wonder if this is something we will see a lot more of in the near future. The 3D in the Hannah Montana film was very good. I suppose that technology has improved along with most other entertainment technology in recent years. I cannot say it was "like being at the concert" but the 3D improved the experience for me. I was never a fan of 3D but a filmed concert is something in which 3D can work very well. This may not be something new but it was a first for me.

The tickets to this show were fifteen dollars for all the seats, adult or child. I would think the tickets to the U2 film would be at least that much. U2 and Cyrus have had concert tours be completley sold out in a very short time. This seems like a good way to sell concert tickets to the fans who were unable to get tickets to the live shows, either because of the expense or where they live. The 3D technology has improved and the glasses are more comfortable than I remember them. My experience today makes me want to see the U2 film.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “2008”