Meryl Streep´s next

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

flipp525 wrote:
Hustler wrote:even Spacey on his first appearance.

I was just thinking the other day: what the hell happened to Spacey's career?
It´s decreased notoriously.His last fims were Fred Claus! and 2 movies directed by Robert Luketic and Nick Moran. Gone were the days when he built a solid career.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Big Magilla wrote:It gives me heartburn. :O
LOL! Try with some aloe!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Hustler wrote:even Spacey on his first appearance.
I was just thinking the other day: what the hell happened to Spacey's career?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It gives me heartburn. :O
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Magilla, I liked a lot Heartburn: The more I watch it, the more I like it. Streep´s performance is always consistent, foloowed by a bunch of gifted and talented actors: Nicholson, Stapleton, Channing, O´Hara, even Spacey on his first appearance. The screenplay is solid. I dón´t understand why do you dislike this movie.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

flipp525 wrote:
Big Magilla wrote:And don't get me started on Amy Adams again!

I think she looks delightful in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day with Frances McDormand and Lee Pace. Maybe it's just me, but I think she's wonderful.
I agree, I'm really looking forward to Miss Pettigrew.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Big Magilla wrote:And don't get me started on Amy Adams again!
I think she looks delightful in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day with Frances McDormand and Lee Pace. Maybe it's just me, but I think she's wonderful.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Oh, come on. Have you ever seen Streep in Nora Ephron's Heartburn? I'm all for female directors getting their projects greenlit - what are Gillian Armstrong and Amy Heckerling doing these days? Whatever happened to Lynne Littman? And why isn't Jodie Foster directing more? But Ephron is a hack. Aside from Silkwood, which owes more to Mike Nichols' direction and the solid acting of its three leads (Streep, Kurt Russell, Cher) than teh writing and the amusing but wildly over-rated When Harry Met Sally and OK Sleepless in Seattle, what has she done? This is the woman who wrote Cookie, Mixed Nuts, Michael, Hanging Up and Bewitched and directed Mixed Nuts, Michael, Lucky Numbers and Bewitched. She's a hack. And don't get me started on Amy Adams again!
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

With Streep involved? Hard to believe.

Edited By Hustler on 1197828449
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sounds like crap.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

According to Variety, Columbia Pictures is adapting Julie Powell's book Julia and Julie: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen, about the author's year-long attempt to cook all the recipes in Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and detail it in her food blog (and then book). In the movie, which will simply be titled Julia and Julie, Powell will be portrayed by Amy Adams and Child will be played by Meryl Streep. Chick-flick queen Nora Ephron, who needs a comeback following Lucky Numbers and Bewitched, is writing the script and will direct.

Now, Powell never met Child, so the latter character will have to be some kind of apparition for the former. Like a culinary guide. This makes sense, because it just wouldn't be cinecomatic to show Powell simply reading a cook book and then making dishes. But will it still just be a bunch of cooking scenes in a tiny apartment with Amy Adams and a distinctly accented Meryl Streep chatting in the little kitchen? Even with Streep overdoing the part -- a la Dan Aykroyd -- that can't be too interesting. Then again, between Waitress and Ratatouille this year, and movies like Big Night in the past, I do get excited about films showcasing great food. Amazon.com describes the book as being a "masterful medley of Bridget Jones' Diary meets Like Water for Chocolate," so if that sounds good to you, look for Julia and Julie sometime in late 2008 or early 2009.

Return to “2008”