DiCaprio and Winslet reuniting

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Greg wrote:
Penelope wrote:OMG. OMG. OMG.

I think I'm going to spontaneously combust!!!!

:p :p :p

Does this mean you're joining akash and me in the bi club?
What? There's a club? How come I'm not in it?
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Penelope wrote:OMG. OMG. OMG.

Does this mean you're joining akash and me in the bi club?
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

DiCaprio, Winslet to star in 'Road'
Duo together again for 'Revolutionary'
By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are teaming for the first time since "Titanic" to star in DreamWorks' "Revolutionary Road." Sam Mendes will direct the pic, based on the acclaimed 1961 novel by Richard Yates about post-war disillusionment.

John N. Hart, Scott Rudin, Bobby Cohen and Mendes, who's married to Winslet, will produce in association with BBC Films.

Yates' heart-rending and bleak tome, celebrated for its storytelling style, follows a seemingly happy suburban couple with two children in the mid-1950s who find themselves caught between their true desires and the pressure to conform -- with explosive consequences.

Mendes begins lensing this summer from an adapted screenplay by scribe Justin Haythe, said DreamWorks chair-CEO Stacey Snider.

Paramount Pictures has worldwide rights.

Winslet and DiCaprio have each worked continuously since 1997's "Titanic," but never together. "Road" marks the first time that Mendes has directed either star.

DiCaprio most recently starred in "Blood Diamond" and "The Departed," both from Warner Bros. "Road" marks his second DreamWorks project after Steven Spielberg's 2002 "Catch Me if You Can."

Winslet also had a busy 2006, starring in "Little Children," a story about modern-day suburban angst, "The Holiday" and "All the King's Men."

Mendes has longtime ties to DreamWorks, having directed his first film, "American Beauty," there. He also directed "Road to Perdition" for the studio and is producing two DreamWorks films that will be released later this year, "Things We Lost in the Fire" and "The Kite Runner."

Upcoming films from DreamWorks include laffer "Blades of Glory" and summer tentpole "Transformers."

DiCaprio is repped by the Firm. Winslet and Mendes are both repped by Creative Artists Agency. Haythe ("The Clearing") also is repped by CAA.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=vision&taxid=28664
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

OMG. OMG. OMG.

"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

"Titanic" lovers DiCaprio, Winslet reuniting

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, who played ill-starred lovers in the 1997 smash "Titanic," are reuniting for a drama about post-war disillusionment, Hollywood trade paper Daily Variety reported on Friday.

"Revolutionary Road" will be directed by Winslet's husband, British filmmaker Sam Mendes, who won an Oscar for "American Beauty."

The DreamWorks project is based on the 1961 novel by Richard Yates, Daily Variety said. It revolves around a suburban 1950s couple tragically caught between their true desires and the pressure to conform.

DiCaprio and Winslet were both nominated for Oscars this year, for "Blood Diamond" and "Little Children" respectively. In "Titanic," Winslet played a society woman consumed with forbidden love for a working-class kid played by DiCaprio.

DreamWorks is a unit of Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “2008”