Indy 4 finally a go

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

The movie is being filmed right now and Allen had dissappeared.Bad luck!
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

And what about Karen Allen? she was in rumors to participate in that sequel.
Aceisgreat
Temp

Post by Aceisgreat »

"I can't stand a naked light bulb any more than I can a rude remark or a vulgar action." -- Blanche DuBois
Aceisgreat
Temp

Post by Aceisgreat »

Broadbent co-stars in 'Indiana Jones'
Wed Jun 20, 9:10 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Jim Broadbent is joining Indiana Jones on his latest adventure. The Academy Award-winning actor has joined the cast of the fourth installment in the "Indiana Jones" series, according to an announcement posted Wednesday on Lucasfilm Ltd.'s Indiana Jones Web site.

Production began Monday on the not-yet-titled film, which reunites director Steven Spielberg, executive producer George Lucas and Harrison Ford as the archaeologist-adventurer who made his first appearance in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

The movie is due out May 22, 2008.

Broadbent, 57, won a supporting-actor Oscar for 2001's "Iris." He joins previously announced co-stars Cate Blanchett, Shia LaBeouf, John Hurt and Ray Winstone. Broadbent's other films include "Moulin Rouge," "The Crying Game," "Bridget Jones's Diary" and "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."

Lucasfilm recently announced that Sean Connery — who played Indiana Jones' bookish father in the franchise's third installment, 1989's "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" — will not reprise the role in the new movie.
"I can't stand a naked light bulb any more than I can a rude remark or a vulgar action." -- Blanche DuBois
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

LaBeouf Confirmed for Indiana Jones 4

Although it's been rumored for weeks now, USA Today has confirmed that Disturbia star Shia LaBeouf will indeed star in Indiana Jones 4. He's joining Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett and Ray Winstone in the cast.

The newspaper says LaBeouf has been the subject of speculation as an addition to the sequel's cast but was forbidden by director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas from revealing it until now.

"Up until about two weeks ago, it was little more than a rumor," he said. "Literally, when I was saying, 'I don't know anything,' I didn't know anything. It was an act of faith. I have not read a script. I don't think anybody has."

Spielberg said, "Shia has extraordinary range. I think of him as 'the young man for all seasons."

Will LaBeouf play Indy's son? "I can tell you I'm sort of the sidekick character, obviously," he said. "I'm sure there are a lot of laughs at my expense, and some kind of creature crawling on me."

LaBeouf added, "It's not going to be Short Round, all grown up," a reference to the fast-talking little kid from 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

The fourth installment starts shooting this summer for a May 22, 2008 release. LaBeouf provides his voice for Sony's Surf's Up on June 8 and next appears in Michael Bay's Transformers on July 4.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Ray Winstone joins 'Indiana Jones 4'

Ray Winstone (The Departed, upcoming Beowulf) has signed on for a major role in Paramount Pictures' Indiana Jones 4, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Although the film's plot is being closely guarded, the trade says Winstone will play star Harrison Ford's sidekick.

Cate Blanchett already has boarded the project, to be produced by Lucasfilm and directed by Steven Spielberg.

David Koepp wrote the screenplay for "Indy 4," which is scheduled to begin filming in June in Los Angeles and at top-secret locations around the world.

Paramount Pictures will release the film day-and-date worldwide May 22, 2008, with a handful of territories opening the following day.

Frank Marshall is producing, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy executive producing.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

And latest: Gong Li MAY join the cast too.
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

I've heard that Shia LeBeouf has also been approached to play Indy's son.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Okri wrote:She's not in the realm of say Julianne Moore even.
Seriously!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

As much as I love Blanchett, does anybody else think she's turning into the Michael Caine of the modern era? She seems to do pretty much anything for a paycheck.

Not quite yet. It's not as if she does wanna be blockbusters (Indy 4 being the first exception), and given the low budgets to most of her recent films, I can't believe she got paid a hell of a lot. That said, she sure keeps busy (she also recently signed a three year contract to run a Sydney Theatre Company with her husband that'll include her acting and directing in their plays alongside managing the theatre.) She's not in the realm of say Julianne Moore even.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Who is she going to play, his daughter?
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

As much as I love Blanchett, does anybody else think she's turning into the Michael Caine of the modern era? She seems to do pretty much anything for a paycheck.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

GO BLANCHETT!
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Aceisgreat
Temp

Post by Aceisgreat »

Blanchett could be 'Indy's' next love

LOS ANGELES - Cate Blanchett is in negotiations to star opposite Harrison Ford in the long-awaited fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" series, her publicist confirmed Saturday.

"She is in negotiations, yes," publicist Lisa Kasteler told The Associated Press. She did not elaborate.

Filming is scheduled to begin later this year, with Steven Spielberg on board to direct. The movie is being produced by "Star Wars" creator George Lucas' Lucasfilm Ltd.

Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."

Blanchett, who won a best supporting actress Oscar in 2004 for "The Aviator," starred in last year's "Notes on a Scandal" and "Babel."
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

After so much talk and delays, it better be a good movie.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021

Return to “2008”