A Remake That No One Asked For

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

And Angels and Demons is not a "follow-up" to The DaVinci Code. It's a prequel. Who wrote this article for Variety?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hustler wrote:Oh My God! Will be able the vulgarity of Howard to approach the subtility of Haneke?
Proportionally, I would think, yes.

This is an absolutely repulsive idea. The only thing that could possibly make it any worse is if Howard casts Hilary Swank in the Binoche role.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Oh My God! Will be able the vulgarity of Howard to approach the subtility of Haneke?
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Ron Howard May Remake Cache
Source: Variety
February 16, 2007

Ron Howard may make an American version of Cache for Universal Pictures, reports Variety.

Brian Grazer will produce the remake for Imagine, which acquired the rights from Plum Pictures, with Howard eyeing to direct. Plum's Celine Rattray will executive produce, along with Randy Simon, and Plum's Galt Niederhoffer and Daniela Taplin Lundberg will co-produce.

Michael Haneke wrote and helmed the French original, which starred Daniel Auteuil and Juliette Binoche as a couple who find increasingly violent videos on their porch. Haneke won best director prize at Cannes in 2005.

The Universal version, to be set in the U.S., is expected to amp up the suspense and consequences.

Howard has several other potential projects in the works. Besides Frost/Nixon, the big screen adaptation of the play, there's Angels & Demons, the follow-up to The Da Vinci Code; and The Look of Real, a look at the garment industry that could star his daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard

Return to “2008”