Ang Lee's Next Next Feature

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

There is a french movie called ‘Un Petit jeu sans conséquence’ from 2004, adapted from that play, directed by Bernard Rapp.
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

Ang Lee would have to keep a tight rein on Carrey. Would agree that Winslet and Hugh Jackman or Heath Ledger would be good casting.
I would not rule out Bullock either, Van Helsing, as she will get that Great Role one of these days. I agree that she was great in "Infamous".
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Winslet and Carrey together again sounds good.
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Now that Lee is on the director's chair, I bet Carrey & Diaz would scramble to get back on this project. Considering that this film sounds like a romantic comedy, it would be great if Bullock becomes the female lead. As for the male lead, how about Hugh Jackman? This pair would be awesome under Lee's direction! I would be so over the moon if this happens! :D
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

I know Lee rarely works with the same actors more than once, but I'd love to see Heath Ledger and Kate Winslet in a romantic comedy together.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Focus' Schamus brings back 'Game'
Lee attached to direct project
By MICHAEL FLEMING, DIANE GARRETT

Ang Lee
Lee

James Schamus
Schamus
Focus Features co-chair James Schamus has revived "A Little Game" -- months after the project imploded -- and brought in frequent collaborator Ang Lee to direct.

Project is expected to be Lee's next project after "Lust, Caution," his World War II-era pic set in Shanghai. "Game" will mark his third straight pic for Focus after "Brokeback Mountain" and "Lust, Caution."

Schamus is rewriting the romantic comedy, an adaptation of a French play called "A Little Game of Consequence." It centers on a happily engaged Brooklyn couple who decide to play an experiment on their friends; when a rumor goes around that they have broken up, they play along to find out what their pals really think of their coupling.

WAM Films is producing the pic, with Alain Chabot and Stephanie Danan as producers and Bruno Pesery as exec producer. Jean Dell and Gerald Sibleyras penned the French play.

Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz had been set to play the leads, but they abruptly exited the project weeks before it was set to begin lensing in early October amid concerns about the quality of the script.

Focus dismissed helmer Gabriele Muccino ("The Pursuit of Happyness"), but Schamus remained committed to getting the project off the ground (Daily Variety, Oct. 4).

Project reps the 11th collaboration between Lee and Schamus. Besides "Brokeback" and "Lust, Caution," they worked on "The Ice Storm," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Hulk."
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “2008”