Matt Damon in Star Trek XI - Wanted to start with a movie set for '08

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I'd be happy if they got him to help write the script.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It has everything to do with the script in ST. Frakes did ok as a director for Insurrection but the script was pure poo.

Meyer's directed one movie (for TV) since he did undiscovered country. he's written a lot, though, so maybe he wants to focus on writing instead of directing.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Frakes did a great job on First Contact, yes, but not so good on Insurrection.

Would Meyer be interested in coming back for a new Star Trek? He directed no. 2 and 6, and co-wrote no. 4. He has yet to work on a non-original-cast movie.

Personally I don't mind the idea of Damon playing Kirk, but he seems about the same age as Shatner in the original show so I don't know how that would work exactly.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Bryan Singer is about the only one I would trust with it...or Jonathan Frakes. Frakes did a fantastic job with First Contact.

And Brannon Braga and Ronald D. Moore to write the script.

OR

Director Nicholas Meyer (who directed Wrath of Khan).
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Does anybody want anybody near a new 'Star Trek' project?
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's very sad and disturbing, IMO. I don't want Damon, or especially Abrams, near a Star Trek project
Wesley Lovell
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I was browsing the IMDB and found out that Star Trek XI is really being planned. In addition it seems that Matt Damon has been at least approached to star as a young Captain Kirk.

2008 is a year of remakes, with Indiana Jones IV (I know, they've talked about it for a decade), Jurassic Park IV and next Harry Potter advanture.

Return to “2008”