Message Board Update

A place for the UAADB Admin to post information necessary for all members to read.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm warning you in advance so you can save any posts you want...

Sometime after Oscar season, I will be trying again to upgrade to the latest version of Ikonboard. The last time I tried, I lost bunches of data and had to restore from a previous backup. This time, however, I will do everything I can to maintain the current data, but if I can't get it uploaded to the new format, I will simply go with the new format and we'll have to start over.

It will be a frustrating time for most of us as this will mean no one will be able to post for a little bit of time (I don't know how long it will take me to complete the update). But rest assured that after the update is done, I'll bring everything back up and we can discuss again. Hopefully it won't be more than a day or two.

Like I said, this will be some time after Oscar season, so probably March or April (probably closer to April). So, you have a little time, but there's a lot of messages out there that some might want to keep, so it would take them time to collect them all anyway. And, I don't want to interrupt our discussions of this year's Oscars.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Announcements”