Technical Problems

A place for the UAADB Admin to post information necessary for all members to read.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Ok. I have isolated one particular two-word phrase that is causing the problem.

This may not be causing ALL problems, but it could very well be. If you've had posting problems, I want you to check it and see if you find a certain two words next to one another.

I can post the word "from" and the word "selection(s)" (with or without the pluralization) anywhere and separately, but when combined one after the other, it errors out. But, not in the above order, but with the 'S' word first and the 'f' next. And, as they can have other words between, I can't even put them here to describe them.

I know it's weird and I don't understand it, but I had a problem posting a VERY short post earlier today and got the error. I've put it into Ikonboard support who claimed it was a server-side problem (that sounds to specific for a server-side problem), to see if they can figure out why the hell it's doing that.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1207171017
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

We have been having a few posting problems over the past year. Because of the difficulty of isolating these problems, I'd like to ask you all for help.

Anytime you get an error when you're attempting to post, I need you to send me the following information.

Date
Time
The web page link of the error page
The forum you were attempting to post in
The exact error message

You can send this to me by pm or by e-mail and I will forward the information to my site admin and see if they can figure out what's going on.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Announcements”